We traveled to KC for a Chiefs game and chose this hotel for the ratings and location. Very convenient drive to the stadium. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a smile and a hello, from the maintenance man in the parking lot cutting a sheet of plywood. Not just a hello... he stopped his work to do this. We were greeted at the front desk, much the same. Even tho we arrived about an hour before check-in time, we were offered to wait in the common area and use the wifi and have a snack and coffee. We opted for lunch at one of the many restaurants across the street and returned to check in. Again... another friendly smile and greeting from another staff member. In fact... we were greeted by just about EVERY staff member we encountered. Always smiling, always pleasant. Staff = Outrageously Nice! Now on to the room...nothing really special here. Clean, well kept, everything worked as it should. The pool and hot tub area was clean and well maintained, along with the fitness room. The breakfast.. oh yeah! Bacon, eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, warm cinnamon rolls, coffee, juices, milk, cold & hot cereals. And again, the staff here was on their game! They kept everything stocked and hot. So, in a nutshell, I would recommend this H.I.E. to anyone without hesitation. The friendliest staff on the planet, I kid you not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Independence-Kansas City, Missouri is conveniently located near the Arrowhead and Kauffman Stadiums, home of both the Kansas City Chiefs Football and the Royals Baseball teams. You will also be surrounded by a variety of dining establishments that are within walking distance. The hotel is located minutes away from the Independence Center shopping mall, which makes for an easy visit to the wide variety of stores lining the 39th Street Shopping District.The hotel is also located just a few blocks from the new Center Point Medical Center, as well as Bass Pro.The Holiday Inn Express is the best place to stay if you are visiting the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum which is now showing the Truman and Israel exhibit. Make sure to see the Truman Home, Truman Courthouse and Office, as well as the Truman Memorial. The hotel is also conveniently located to visitors of the National Frontier Trails Museum, launching point of the Oregon Trail, as well as the Santa Fe and California Trails.Be sure to visit the Bingham Waggoner Estate and the Historic Independence Square! The Mormon Visitors Center, Community of Christ Temple and Auditorium, Hidden Valley Sports Complex, and The Sports Lodge are also conveniently located. We are minutes from the Sprint Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Independence Hotel Independence
- Holiday Inn Independence
- Independence Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Independence