“Very pleased”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We took our grandchildren for a couple of nights and was able to get a room with a pullout couch to accommodate all of us rather than having to get two adjoining rooms as we have to do with other chains. The kids are all under 10 and sleeping in separate rooms is always a problem. The breakfast was very sufficient with scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, cereals, pastries, and fruit. Something for everyone. The pool was clean and available for the evenings after coming back from the day's events. My only disappointment was the lack of tv channels for children. Before going to bed it is always nice to have a movie or some kids' show to settle them down. Any children's program I found had a price on it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Daina R,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business and your feedback. I understand your disappointment about lack of free programming for children and will keep this in mind when considering any changes in this area. I hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff was friendly, accommodating and overall the experience was a great one. It was a great place to stay with a team. Hotel was clean, pool area was clean and location was perfect. Would highly recommend. Scott and staff were particularly helpful when we left out daughters iPad. It was found and returned safely and quickly. Overall great stay and I would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Jkan770,

Thanks for posting your great review and rating about our hotel. We enjoy hosting all kinds of athletes and teams, because we find their spirit and camaraderie very inspiring. I know how frustrating it can be to forget something when away from home and I'm glad you were happy with the service we provided. We appreciate you recognition of jobs well done by our team and hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great people. Stay there every time I work in kc. They have a great staff an everyone is very helpful. The rooms are very clean and it is located in a perfect location to get in an out of kc. I have stayed there a lot over the past two years Always have great rates aswell

• Stayed: May 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Zack003,

Thank you for your many visits and great review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are here.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed in Kansas City for 2 nights. The hotel was ok. Had the usual breakfast and the pool was small. (Given that we also stayed the same weekend as the softball team, I am surprised there was room in the pool)
The staff was very pleasant and answered all of our questions about the area. There are a bunch of chain restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear NicoleH1,

Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My family and I were moving from Arizona to Missouri and after 3 full days of traveling we stayed in the Holiday Inn Express. Everyone was so friendly especially Scott, the pool guy. He kept the pool immaculate! Thank you Scott for making us feel like we were home:)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear DavidStacey S,

Welcome to Missouri! Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here last weekend for a night as I was driving from Colorado to New Jersey, room was very clean and beds very comfortable. The reason I'm writing the review though is because Bristle who was working the breakfast that morning really made my day. I drove late into the night so was very tired and slept in a little too late the next morning and missed breakfast by a few minutes. Bristle saw me in the dining room trying to find some scraps and offered to fix me a plate anyway. She was incredibly friendly and her simple offer really made me thankful I'd chosen that hotel! Thanks again Bristle, I hope the note I slipped into the kitchen found you well!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kyle M
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Kyle M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your great comments about your recent stay with us. We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. Bristle is terrific and inspires all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. I'll ensure she is properly recognized for exceeding your expectations. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

used this holiday inn express as our launching pad to visit kansas city royals,museums and gardens. the staff in this place went above and beyond with everything we asked of them...........conviently located to all the corporate chains for food........also if your here on a tuesday the all you can eat ribs at rib crib next door were moist and tasty...........plus easy freeway access but not a bit noise from I-70............stayed 5 nights to see kansas city.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77mockmotorspitcher
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear 77mockmotorspitcher,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. Kansas City and our area have so many wonderful attractions, I'm glad you were here long enough to enjoy many of them. I hope you will let us serve you here again when you come back to explore ever more.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#5 of 18 in Independence

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence? Share your experiences!