Higher Ground Hotel
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$118
US$104
US$70
US$58
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$147
US$157
US$140
US$171
All reviewstruman homeoffice buildingbeautiful gardenhistoric districttruman libraryboutique hotelkoi ponddirectly across the streetkansas cityno windowtown squarefox newsoff street parkingyogurtquiet neighborhoodbowling alleycoin laundry
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My wife and I visited Independence with our 2teenage boys to visit our son and take in a Chiefs game.
Big rooms plenty of sleeping area and great staff make this unique hotel a great place to stay.
Saved over $200 for a 2night stay at a bigger hotel chain.
Great food and shops a short walk away.
Hope to be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis H
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We got a room with window facing the nice courtyard. The room was delightful with a comfortable bed. We missed the breakfast because we were 2 minutes late. The breakfastroom closed at 9:00 AM because some people needed the room for a meeting. The breakfast was included with the room so the staff should have been more helpful.

Room Tip: Be aware that some of the rooms do not have ordinary windows, only sky-light.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
moretajunehartman, Manager at Higher Ground Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello:
We serve breakfast from 7:00 Am to 9:00 Am every morning and this is told to our guests when they check-in. We are sorry that you were a little late to breakfast, however we can not serve it any longer in the day, especially when meetings are scheduled in the same room. We might suggest a walkup call next time.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel was clean, very attractive and most comfortable. Staff were friendly/personable and very helpful. Very nice breakfast was included with the room. Location is walking distance to town center and other activities we had planned. I highly recommend this facility and plan to use it again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank VIRGINIA A
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Checked in for game day with three couples the rooms are delightful. It is an excellent location off the beaten path and convenient to the stadiums. Beautiful courtyard to enjoy the fall evening after a lovely dinner in Kansas City Missouri.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank debilind
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was looking for a place for my daughter's wedding reception and asking to see the facility. I was invited to see the facility and when I arrived it was necessary to be buzzed in. The person at the other end of the buzzer was so incredibly rude that I will/would never consider staying there or having any sort of function at the facility. Perhaps it WAS a really bad day for them. That would be a shame as it left a terrible impression with me and I am more than willing to share that impression with anyone that will stand still long enough to listen! I was left standing outside as this person barked at me over the intercom that they would not help me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family