“Chatting in the Courtyard with Friends and Last Light of Day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vivilore

Vivilore
Ranked #8 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Independence, Missouri, United States
“Chatting in the Courtyard with Friends and Last Light of Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Attentive service, great atmosphere, tasty hor d'oeuvres, and wonderful conversation in a laid-back courtyard. This make two consecutive Friday evening outings for us and we thoroughly enjoy the setting...

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Pbaglaw

Merriam, Kansas
“So-So......service No-No”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We went for lunch on a Thursday afternoon. They still have not fixed the doors mentioned in the other reviews. We gave up and were headed to the car out front, when the waitress stepped out. She said the door should be pushed and not pulled. OK....fix the sign on the door.

The same person was our server...she is either very inexperienced or just doesn't care. She did not offer any water just handed us the menu. The menu has was really grubby and had food on it. We asked for a wine list and she stood over us while we tried to read it. Still no water. We ordered wine, read over the menu. We each ordered the lobster roll. after she took our order we decided to also order the roasted red pepper hummus. I could see her setting down at the bar and tried to get her attention...my lunch partner finally went to get her and tell her what we wanted. Still no water, they also don't give you bread or rolls to munch on. The hummus was very bland. It came with pita bread sliced cucumbers, carrot strips and zucchini... there were three strips of really good pickled red onion. The lobster rolls were just so-so. Very bland. It came with home made chips, some of which were crisp and some really oily. Still no water, but the glasses were still on the table empty. Every time I looked, the waitress was setting at the bar. When she brought the ticket I asked for a glass of water....when she filled my glass, and only mine, not the lunch partner, she said I guess I should have given you water sooner.....Ya Think! ! ! The place is really pretty and they could have a wonderful restaurant, but they need to work on the food and service...AND THE DOOR. Be sure to go and walk around the garden in the back, it's lovely. I don't think we will go back anytime soon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hometowngirl49
“If you ever think back to those rare times in life when you entered a place where you felt everything seemed to be in perfect ha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

If Vivilors goal was to not only stimulate our taste buds, but to stimulate all our senses, they have done just that.
They have earned a seat at the table of fine niche' restaurants in the Midwest, and arguably one of the best in the metro.
But if you really want a good seat you better talk to "Jimmy", I think he really runs the place....
Thanks Whit and Cindy, and the Vivilor crew that makes this happen, from the artists, to the servers, the musicians, to the owners, hats off I say....and well played guys...

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Capped off a wonderful weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had never been here before, but saw a friend enjoying it on Facebook and decided to try it at the end of a fun weekend. We started out on the back terrace and had a drink, enjoyed all the pretty greenery and the antiques. It was Saturday night and a folk group started to play. We decided to go inside to eat and perused all the antiques and artwork inside. Finally settled into our meals. We both had the pasta of the day, parmesan chicken on a nest of noodles with a creamy basil sauce accompanied by crusty bread, nut butter, and peach butter (I think). I had the house salad with roasted beets & chevre--very good.We finished up by sharing a chocolate torte with ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate, raspberry, and caramel (I think). By no means the cheapest meal I've ever eaten, but it was so worth it to linger and enjoy the atmosphere!!! A great experience!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ponyexpresstown
Sugar Creek, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The WOW Factor"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

The minute you step in the door you are "wowed"! You are surrounded by art, antiques & fine furnishings. The bar is beautiful & you can try one of their specialty hand-crafted drinks(I recommend the signature drink "The Vivilore"). With drink in hand you can begin a self-guided tour on one of the many floors that offer home decor, art, antiques, jewelry etc. The Art Gallery(top floor) features local artist paintings/artwork which you may also purchase. As you enter every decorated room there is plenty to see & enjoy. The owners are collectors & have a flair for showcasing their pieces. As you continue on you will be awed by the breathtaking patio which is paradise & immaculately manicured with beautiful foliage. It seems to be the popular spot for dining or just relaxing with a cocktail. The menu offers a variety of choices for every taste. All hand made desserts daily that are hard to resist. A fabulous choice regardless the drive, it will be worth it. A great addition to Independence.

• Visited July 2013