“4 but giving a 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vivilore

Vivilore
Ranked #8 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“4 but giving a 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This place came highly recommended to us while on a short trip for my husband's reunion. I really thought about giving it a 4 instead of 5 bc they overcooked the steak by about 3 min which is the difference between medium and medium rare, however, everything else was really phenomenal so I am overlooking the steak thing. The clam chowder was different than anything we had tasted, with a thin broth and lots of fresh herbs, clams, and such it was savory. I liked the thin broth bc it didn't fill u up as much as a heavy one. I had the hummus of the day with pita bread and again it was delicious. Wine was good, atmosphere was good, a little bohemian, dress was anything from CC casual to shorts. I will eat here again if it is still there the next time through.

• Visited June 2014

Mission, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is no restaurant in the Kansas City area to compare to this FABULOUS DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took my sister to Vivilore for her birthday and we were totally blown away by the magnificent setting - the most beautiful garden dining I have ever experienced anywhere!!! The food was wonderful, the presentation exquisite and the atmosphere quiet, serene and peaceful.

This is a must try. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Be sure and walk through their multi layered antique and art store while you are there.

Terri

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Terri B
Independence, Missouri
“What A Great Place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is such a great place to go. It not only offers great food; it provides eye treats as well--antiques and interesting art, jewelry, scarves, hats, and a whole lot more. It's fun to eat and then look around. I always buy something because Whit and Cindy have excellent taste and display a whole lot of things I usually want in my own home. Plus, if you are lucky, you may get to see Jimmy, the parrot who will talk to you if you talk to him. I go to Vivilore's regularly, and I don't think enough people know about it. They don't market or advertise very well, so people need to spread the word. They've only been open a year, and they're still working out the details, but Whit keeps the place decorated often with themes or holidays, they sometimes have art shows and assorted events, but they offer an excellent lunch and dinner and have a good bar. Weather permitting, they also have lots of outdoor seating that is beautiful. It feels more like you are in an environment than just a courtyard. The whole place is several floors of exploring, so it's a place you must go and try.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Maryfrances W
“Quaint ambiance paired with better than average meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited this location with friends. If I lived in this area, I'd eat here at least once a week. The decor is an antique collector's/florist's dream. You are free to wander over the back garden and both stories of the building. Most items can be purchased.

3 in our party of 4 had the chicken dish of the day and all 3 noted that it was very good. I had the Portobella sandwich. We started with the carrot hummus which had a creamy texture and nice tahini flavor. The carrot flavor was missing and it could have used more seasoning, salt or maybe more cumin. It was very bland, only clue that it was carrot was the presence of small bits of carrot. This same hummus was the spread on my sandwich and in that regard, it was much better, probably due to the feta which provided additional saltiness. I chose the cole slaw for my side and was satisfied with the 'cup' portion. The really tasty surprise was the homemade spicy pickle. Unfortuntately, only 1 small slice came as a garnish and I asked for additional bite because that was FANTASTIC. I was told you can buy a jar to take home but it seemed a little pricey around $9 for only half pint. Our group ordered 1 beer, I had one wine, the other 2 in the party opted for water. The total bill with tip was just over $100. We wandered the building after we ordered and the waitress called us when our food was ready. Nice service.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mimaboy
Independence, Missouri, United States
“Chatting in the Courtyard with Friends and Last Light of Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Attentive service, great atmosphere, tasty hor d'oeuvres, and wonderful conversation in a laid-back courtyard. This make two consecutive Friday evening outings for us and we thoroughly enjoy the setting...

• Visited October 2013