“Anniversary Dinner”

V's Italiano Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
V's Italiano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 263 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling
Description: Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We started out with an appetizer consisting of toasted provolone cheese, toasted beef ravioli, artichoke dip and garlic arrosto. Each were delicious, and I am unable to pick just a favorite.

For dinner I had the Mostaccioli Della Casa (fresh garlic, diced tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, black olives and olive oil) and substituting whole wheat pasta which probably detracted from this dish. It was still good, but I missed the texture of the regular pasta. The dish wasn't overly "heavy" which is what I was looking for.

My husband went with a heavier dish, Fettuccini con Pollo (boneless breast of chicken, dipped in seasoned flour, deep fried and served over a bed of fettuccini alfredo with fresh broccoli) at the recommendation of a friend. He wasn't disappointed. The chicken was still juicy and the pasta cooked to perfection.

For dessert we enjoyed the complimentary Italian Rum Cake. Yummy!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We were part of a tour and this was a scheduled lunch stop. What a beautiful place. Would make a great date place. Service and food was excellent. I even took a quart of sauce home it was so good. Told hubby we need to come back for a meal and we live 3 hours away, and he said good idea. Next time in KC area we will dine here!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Thes people Gregg and Mary do such a great job running this restaurant from waiting on tables tending the bar or what ever needs to be done to help their employees and customers. The food is top notch. Someone told me to order a steak and I told them I went there for Italian food. Well weeks later I decided to have a steak and you know what it was top notch.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Went here with family, we were attending a Royal's game and Worlds of Fun, happened onto this wonderful place. Would make it a point to return for the great food & bread! Dessert comes with, 2 twelve year olds thought they had gone to heaven !!!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went to V's two weeks ago while spending time with family in Independence. My aunt and I had the 1963 50th anniversary special, while my uncle had the prime rib. Salad was nice but unremarkable. Breads were good. The pastas were quite good, but we all agreed that the toasted ravioli appetizer was the high point of the meal

My uncle loved the prime rib.

The staff was exceptionally fun and friendly. I would go back on any excuse.