“Good food, great service”
Review of Smokehouse BBQ

Smokehouse BBQ
Ranked #8 of 256 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Some members of our party questioned the 'burnt tips' as they weren't the same as they've had elsewhere. Our server was great, kept our drinks topped of and was very friendly.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Our latest visit was for lunch. The decor inside is dark wood and Tiffany-style lamps. I had the Super Crispy which is a tender chopped burnt end sandwich on a toasted French roll with French fries and their fantastic Hickory Pit Beans. Everything is very tasty including their sauces. They also have several options you can choose from to have shipped.

1  Thank Missouritrekker
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The servers are always friendly and service is excellent! The food is wonderful! I've eaten here many times. My favorite is the "Super Crispy". I also like their beans!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very good food. Only thing I wish, is that they had a sweet BBQ sauce. I like it sweet & none of theirs is. Don't like it Spidey either. Good meat choices tho.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Based on family recommendations we stopped here after a tour of the Truman Library. You knew it was a BBQ joint when you walked up to the front door. This was our second stop on our BBQ vacation. My wife had the Burnt End Platter (combo beef and pork) and I had the Rib Plate Special. Both were very good. The portions were large and once again we were not able to have any desert. My wife had a Blvd Wheat Draft and I had a Shop Top to round out our meal. All in all a great experience with great service and even better food.