“Pizza from back in the day!”
Review of Tim's Pizza

Tim's Pizza
Ranked #26 of 257 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Is it fancy? No, but it is clean and inviting. This is a throw back pizza joint. The pizza is outstanding and the owner works the kitchen. There is a viewing window so you can watch the pizza being made. The crust is crust but not thin and the toppings re top shelf. A little more pricey than run if the mill pizza but definitely worth it.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Sometimes when your product is good you forget that service is important as well....I asked about debt cards (which they do not take). The guy at the counter was extremely rude to me!!!! He told me that they have done fine for 26 years without it, and they would continue to do just fine. Mind you our entire party of 20 had to scamble around to get cash. Then he proceeded to talk nasty about me after I left the counter, I guess not realizing the I was with the people behind me. They do have great pizza, but we will never be back. We will take our $200+ CASH somewhere else.

5  Thank cheapmomofthree
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The place does not look like much from the outside

Ordered a pizza and it was delicious, the service was quick and friendly

We will definitely go back to this one

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I worked with Tim at Happy Joe's "glory days" in the late 70's-early 80's. When the franchisee pulled out of town, Tim bought some of the equipment, replicated everything great about the recipes, and improved on them. They pile on the toppings (all fresh), the sauce, dough, and cheese mix are what make it special, and it's got an old-school vibe that makes anyone feel welcome. Not fancy, but welcoming. We drive all the way from SW JoCo, KS on a regular basis because it's our favorite and Tim and Steve are great guys.

3  Thank 38954Ksboy
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

You wouldn't want to go here. First off when you try to call in your order and can't get in its probably because the phone is off the hook. I've heard that when they get busy they just unhook the phone?? Not sure if that's true but I do get a busy signal a lot. The place is old and outdated. The last time the wife and I were there every table but 2 were filthy and no one was cleaning them. In fact the entire time we were there all tables stayed dirty! Not sure if they were short staffed or what but we were the only ones there besides a couple guys drinking beer in the party room. This place needs to update with the times and get spruced up a bit and change their decor. But like I said...the pizza is awesome. Never skimpy on the toppings. Takes a lil while to get pizza but if there is only one Guy working most of the time and he has to take order at counter answer phones when their on and then make the pizza order and clean the dining room then it is gonna take 30 to 40 mins to get pizza after ordering it. Just hope he washes his hands a lot throughout the day???? Heck maybe that's what makes the pizza taste so good????