“Great place to eat!”

Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 263 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Maple Ave
Description: Overlooking the historic Independence Square, Ophelia's offers an infusion of cultural flavors in an eclectic American menu. The steaks, seafood, duck, and lamb are a few of our guest's favorite items. Layers of flavors contribute to all of the dishes we serve. You will find the atmosphere casual, yet romantic at the same time. Ophelia's in Independence is truly a gem off the beaten path.
Reviewed 14 July 2013

When travelling thru downtown Independence, MO, and need a place to eat, try Ophelia's on the square. The food is awesome and atmosphere is to match!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This brunch has all the breakfast items you are looking for (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit); but it also includes other items that give you a chance to get out of your comfort zone. The smoky plum tomato salad dressing was great, as was the Thai soup. The omelet and waffle station, round out the options. I would be surprised if you could not find something you love among their options. The walnut cake was a great finale.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a great place to eat. The staff is excellent and the menu provides a good variety. We liked eating here.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Our salad and soup took forever to get to our table. I ordered the wedge salad - it is 4 leaves of romaine with a very thin blue cheese dressing on it - definately not a wedge and my husband had the soup of the day - it was apparent it had sat under a heat lamp for awhile. As soon as our soup and salad were delivered, they brought our entree's!!!!!! We said to send it back and give us time to eat our first courses. I ordered a Scallop small plate which was really good and worth $14. My husband ordered the Braised Rib special and it should have been a small plate. It was good/tiny but certainly not worth $24. All in all, we will not be going back any time soon!!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

The staff was incredibly nice and helpful on both occasions that I ate there. I enjoyed my eggs Benedict (Hollandaise sauce could have had a bit more flavor) but overall it was delish and the party I was with enjoyed their brunch immensely!