“Ophelia's is a one up Original”

Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 254 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Maple Ave
Description: Overlooking the historic Independence Square, Ophelia's offers an infusion of cultural flavors in an eclectic American menu. The steaks, seafood, duck, and lamb are a few of our guest's favorite items. Layers of flavors contribute to all of the dishes we serve. You will find the atmosphere casual, yet romantic at the same time. Ophelia's in Independence is truly a gem off the beaten path.
Reviewed 5 March 2014

An awesome dining experience! From prawns & grits to the brick chicken, each bite sent my taste buds into overdrive! A window seat provides a spectacular view if the courthouse! Fresh, original & nice presentation!

1  Thank 2012Fabulous50
There are newer reviews for Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ophelia's specializes in the martini, and they offer quite a variety of them. Their food is elegant and good, and it's the most upscale place to dine in the Independence Square area. The atmosphere is nice, and they offer a good variety of options to suit all tastes and diets.

1  Thank Maryfrances W
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Partner and I ate here 3 times since September 20th. The first occasion was on the 20th. Ryan was our waiter. He could be better trained. In response to our “Thank you” he said “No problem”. He served the male diner before the female diner. He opened an ordered bottle of wine out-of-sight of our table.

The brick chicken was dry and not worth ordering. The pork medallions were very good. We ordered off the “tasting” menu. Got smaller portions for entrees and dessert but full portions of salad and appetizer.

We had only dessert the 2nd time. Crème brulee was very good as was the coffee. By luck of the draw, we had Heather wait on us. She was very proficient.

We had full dinner on November 2nd. We specifically asked for Heather. She was very good once more. We had the salad Ophelia (for the 2nd time). Love the smoked tomato dressing! We ordered the pork again and a special with scallops. Both were very good. We ordered the lemon lava cake. It was disappointing. Not much lemon flavor and definitely no lava! The other dessert was the “pot de crème”. This was quite good and definitely for chocolate lovers.

On both full dining occasions we ordered the Lock & Key meritage. This was a nice wine with the dinner.

We had, on the September 20th occasion, a service issue crop up with someone besides Ryan. This was brought to the attention ultimately with Matt, the manager. To his credit, the matter was handled very professionally and our concerns were sincerely addressed. This speaks well of the management at Ophelia’s.

Finally, having visited the very few upscale restaurants in Independence, I sincerely wonder why more people do not eat at Ophelia’s. On the whole, the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and drink served. Desserts were only $6.00! Delicious coffee was $2.00! I know this is a fine cloth table covering and napkin restaurant and encourage you to check it out. Matt will probably stop by your table at least once to help remove used dishes/bowls or inquire whether you are pleased.

2  Thank idemandthebest
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Sunday buffet/brunch was excellent. Even my picky Mom raved about the food. For $16, you can't beat it. The wontons and the sweet chili salmon got very high marks from me. The desserts could've been improved, but the creme brulee was great.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had lunch with two friends at Ophelia's. We were greeted and quickly seated. We ordered the sweet potato chips for an appetizer and they were good for a lunch appetizer. I had the Bleu cheese wedge salad, which was good but not the greatest salad I've ever had. My friends both had the crab sandwich with the roasted red pepper aioli. They both said it was delicious. I had a bite of it and it was very good. I will definitely try it next time for lunch. I looked at the dinner menu and I am looking forward to returning for dinner.