“Very Pleased”

Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ophelia's Restaurant & Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 252 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Maple Ave
Description: Overlooking the historic Independence Square, Ophelia's offers an infusion of cultural flavors in an eclectic American menu. The steaks, seafood, duck, and lamb are a few of our guest's favorite items. Layers of flavors contribute to all of the dishes we serve. You will find the atmosphere casual, yet romantic at the same time. Ophelia's in Independence is truly a gem off the beaten path.
colorado springs
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

So pleased with the soup and dessert I wanted to know about the chef. Who is making the red pepper soup? The best soup I've had out in a long, long time. I wanted the recipe since I don't live in Independence. The chocolate mousse like dessert was split with my hubby but wish I had it all to myself. Not heavy but very satisfying.
I wish I could say praises for the entree, but the drsg for salad was tasteless and I am not a fan of hot shrimp on cold salad. Shrimp was fresh and tender but no seasoning detected.
The soup and dessert made this a great experience for our whole trip to Independence, MO.

• Visited May 2014

“You Rock!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

You must eat hear!! I have to say, the outside doesn't no way reflect how beautiful it is on the inside. Great food and service. Lovin' it.

Abilene, Texas
“Great place!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Don't miss the opportunity to dine at Ophelia's in Independence. The food is delicious and the service is excellent! They did a wonderful job feeding our prearranged meal to a group of eighty travelers from Texas. We also enjoyed learning the history of the building and Independence square while we were there.

Visited May 2014
Reigate
“Good choice”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Lots of choice, helpful staff, excellent food and wine. Highly recommend for fine dining in independence

Visited April 2014
Champaign
“A Great Place to Eat in Downtown Independence”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My Sweetheart and I stayed in a hotel near the Courthouse Square in Independence, and were able to slip into Ophelia's before the kitchen closed on a Friday night. She had excellent salmon and I had the pork medallions and it was all delicious. The service was excellent, too. Because we arrived late we were the last to leave, but we were not hurried. The staff gave us time to enjoy our meals.

• Visited March 2014