“Go while you still can” 4 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Go while you still can”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Let's face it there just aren't many Drive In theaters anymore. We are lucky to have The Twin.
I really enjoy going to shows there.
The screens are good and the bathrooms are clean. What more do you need? If you are hungry you can buy food but I would say it's basically like convenience store food. I like to bring my own.

Visited October 2013

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“rundown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Seems to me that for the money they get for snacks movie prices you could have a working speaker at the very least a clean bathroom SUPER GROSS!

Visited October 2013
North Port, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Go There for the Popcorn, if not for what may be the End of An Era”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We went to the drive-in with relatives and their children, not only to have a fun experience with them but to have one final drive-in theater experience since these places are so few and far between. The experience was everything that we remember from the last time we'd been to a drive-in except that they don't have a play area for the kids before the movie starts and you no longer hook up to the speakers (you tune your car radio to the frequency to get the sound).

Admission was not by the carload, as in decades past, but $10 for adults and less for children (we didn't have kids in our car so I don't know the price for them). Assuming that this drive-in will be out of business in the next year or two due to the change to all digital formats, plus the fact that you see 2 films, the cost is reasonable when compared to a late show at the indoor movie theater.

The movies we saw were Monsters University and Iron Man 3--Monsters U was definitely a kids movie and when it ended, a lot of the cars left the drive-in. Iron Man 3 was a surprise, it's not the type of movie we normally watch but it was well done. This is not a movie review, of course, but one thing to remember if you haven't been to a drive-in for a long time is that these movies don't start until after its dark enough to see the screen (in our case, after 9 pm), and they run past 1 am--so if you're an early bird going to work all week at 7 am, it's going to be a long night. It was fun watching the intermission cartoon advertising the concession stand (same one from when I was a kid, with the hot dog jumping into the bun, the ice cream cups marching around, etc., it is so old that it must be part of the public domain videos)--personally, I liked the intermission cartoon better than Monsters University (but that's just me).

The highlight of the night was the popcorn--real movie popcorn taste that we haven't had in years. The two of us chowed down on it like there was no tomorrow, and during the rest of our trip, we talked about seeing if we could go back just for the popcorn. They fill up a bucket of popcorn for you and they you have your own self-serve "butter" topping to put on it, which is where the old movie popcorn taste originates. Since we've been home, we've been experimenting more with our own popcorn to figure out how to do this ourselves (haven't figured it out yet, but we will).

The bathrooms were very old (looked like from the 1950s) and most of the stalls worked, of course you've got to take into account all the kids going into them and not flushing, plugging them up, etc. Considering that most of the people visiting for the movies we saw were families, I felt safe walking to the bathroom by myself even past midnight after our side of the Twin Drive-In had half-emptied from the families leaving after the first movie.

Take your bug repellent and a jacket and/or a blanket in case it gets cold, because you are sitting outside after dark. The bugs weren't really an issue for anyone else in our group, but mosquitoes seem to always like me so the repellent really helped.

The relatives we went with try to go once a week with the kids for a family night out, and they think it's a great deal for an evening of entertainment. I'd say, go once to have one last visit to a drive-in theater, and if you have kids, have them experience this fading American experience at least once in their lives.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FlaNat
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Fun Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Fun place to take the kids and watch a few movies. Can be hot and uncomfortable in the middle summer months and the bugs are bad.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I went to the drive-in one night since I was in KC for 2 days and I went to a Royals game the day before. I liked the drive-in. Nothing too out of the ordinary. For $10, you get to watch two movies. And with two screens, you can drive to the other side if the second movie on the other side interests you more. I had a rental truck and said in the truck, reclined with my windows open and I was more than OK. But if you have a pickup truck or lawn chair, it's probably even better. Plus, they didn't check for snacks so I stopped off and bought some snacks which saves a lot of money. A nice visit if the weather is nice and the movies are good.

Visited July 2013