“I was expecting more”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #64 of 249 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“I was expecting more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I visited the restaurant on Thursday, June 19th at approximately 1 pm. The service was slow as they didn't have adequate staffing. I believe there was only one waitress, one cook and one person at the front greeting customers. It took a little while to get our food. The food was good once we finally got it. One thing that I didn't like was that they didn't have jalapenos for my omlet so I opted to substitute the American cheese for pepper jack and a side of salsa. There was no pepper jack on my omlet and they charged me $.50 for it as well as $.50 for salsa. To me that's salsa is a condiment just like ketchup and bbq sauce. It shouldn't have been extra.

If you walk in and see only a few people in the restaurant and a couple people actually working there, go to a different restaurant.

Visited June 2014

Independence, Missouri
“Excellent home made food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

You can have a meal like you use to have at your Grandmothers or favorite aunts home. The place is very clean and quiet. You see older couples coming in for a good home made meal. The service is excellent. They have pies "to die for". Their pastries are first class and their salads are also excellent. You can get turkey and dressing as well as pork chops etc., road beef and a lot of other things. The prices are very fair, in fact on the low side.

• Visited May 2014