“Excellent value”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Toronto
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Considering the price, everything about this hotel was outstanding. The check in was fast, efficient and welcoming. The room was lovely, well laid out, and comfortable in all ways. Loved the large choice of restaurants nearby and the easy on/off to Interstate 70.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Thanks so much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments. I am very sorry we disappointed you at breakfast and will use your experience in discussions and training to improve our service. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your respect and loyalty the next time you are looking for an excellent value in a hotel in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Traveling BBQ Tour
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Check-in was very smooth. Front desk person was on the phone and asked them to hold to take care of our check-in! Room nice and clean, bed was neither too hard nor too soft, but just right like most Comfort Suites.
Walls to the rooms were a bit thin as we woke up to the passionate couple next door. Not a bad way to wake up and sure beat kids screaming. I would ask for a 3rd floor room next time as we also heard our upstairs neighbor walking (stomping) around.
The breakfast area was clean but the fresh breads and muffins were picked clean and not restocked by the time we made it down.
There are lots of great restraunt choices right in front of the hotel, something for everybody! There is also a Sams and mall right across the interstate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ozarksbbq
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, for your loyalty to the Choice hotel family, and for taking the time to write and post your comments. I'm sorry you were disturbed by noise, and appreciate your understanding and tolerance. I'm sorry, too about breakfast, and have reviewed proper procedures with our team here so it won't happen again. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in the area.
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 8 February 2012

A great place for a weekend get away. Great location and a well maintained pool and facilities. Hot breakfast in am. Great service.

• Stayed May 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thanks for commenting about your recent stay here. I'm glad you are happy with the accommodations and service we provide, and look forward to your next weekend getaway with us.
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My young nephew and I stayed in a room with a king bed and a pull-out couch (which we did not sleep on). The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean and had lots of space. The furniture was well placed and since there was plenty of floor space, was not crowded. The placement of the clothes closet was in the far corner away from the front door so the entryway was not crowded. Finally, a hotel that understands traffic flow! I used the hair dryer, fridge and microwave. I think I saw an iron and ironing board-although I didn't use them-in the clothes closet. We had our family "staycation"--we live less than 10 miles away from this hotel, Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning. We took in Bass Pro and a Mavericks hockey game at the Independence Event Center, both very near by. Breakfast Sunday morning was good and included eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits as well as breads, pastries, waffles and cereals. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends from out-of-town. It was a luxury to stay in a hotel near home and I was thrilled with our choice.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room on the front side which was very quiet on the weekend.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank shannonl59
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Thanks for choosing us for your recent "stay-cation" - it sounds like you had a great time. I really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments, and hope we can serve you again here soon.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Comfy bed, big room and very friendly hotel staff. Our bathroom desperately needed renovation but if that's the biggest flaw I could find, I really can't complain.

The hotel was very clean and in a great location close to restaurants and shops. If you need somewhere to stay a few nights in Independence and don't want to spend a lot of money this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, General Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to rate and review your stay. We are in the beginning stages of a major renovation here, and I hope you will like what you see when it is all complete. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Lake Ozark
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Excellent stay, with a large comfortable room. This is the first time we stayed at this motel and and this is a good value. The staff was great! It's in a good location with several good eating places within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 30 December 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your comments. There is a lot to do in our area, and I'm glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We really appreciate your recongition of our efforts, and look forward to seeing you here again the next time you are in town.
Boonville, Missouri
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I travel often to Kansas City and have stayed at several different hotels in the Independence/Kansas City area. I consider this my first choice. I've continuously had great experiences with this location. The staff is friendly, rooms are spacious and the location is great to many fine restaurants. This stay is a great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you very much for your review and rating. I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to lodging in our area and really appreciate your loyalty. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
#6 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!