“All of the hotel staff were simply remarkable.”

Comfort Suites Independence
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
“All of the hotel staff were simply remarkable.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The staff here are simply amazing. Not only were they great in their usual duties but they also went above and beyond when our pet had gone missing in the area. Fortunately our pet was found but it made us reflect on their actions. The whole staff went out of their way expressing legitimate concern and assistance through the search.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed for the weekend at the end of September and had one of the best hotel experiences of my life. The greeting was warm and efficient (thanks Michael), followed by a very very clean room. After settling in to the room and unpacking, I received a call from the front-desk ensuring everything was up to standard. This one and one service was a welcomed surprise.

Now I usually remember everything when I travel, but this time I forget a razor, shaving cream and a toothbrush. This was a problem easily resolved at the Comfort Suites in Independence. They quickly provided me with the tools I needed and I was able to resume my morning routine!

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Take a dip in the hot tub!
1 Thank Green-12-traveler
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We met up up with family in Sept. for a mini reunion & stayed at CS. We were so grateful for the excellent customer service we received. Travis, Michael, Janice, & Justin were so helpful. They cheerfully added nights to our stay, let us use the dining area to play games, helped us when one of our family members got sick & was admitted to ICU & because of that allowed us to have a late check-out & again made sure we were able to keep one of the rooms until my cousin was dismissed from the hospital later in the week. I'm thankful that the rooms are terrific, too, as we will definitely be back as long as the customer service stays the same. Thanks for making our stay so pleasant! Your employees are a definite asset to your company! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear AddysGigi,

Thanks for choosing to have your family reunion at our hotel and for sharing your love and happiness with us. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. We're very proud of our people and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. I've shared your review and will be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Chose this one because of its proximity to the Truman Museum. Turned out to be an excellent choice. Room was spacious and comfortable. Friendly and courteous front desk staff. They were very helpful in giving us directions on navigating through dense fog. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Madre0808,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We endeavor to give all our guests the best in service and accommodations and we appreciate your compliments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Hancock, Michigan
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the hotel with two friends on a guys getaway weekend. We golfed the heck outta the Kansas City metro area. One of the highlights of our stay was the excellent experience we had at the Comfort Suites. Our checkin process was fantastic with Michael, he actually called our room about 10 minutes after to make sure everything was OK. That was a nice touch. He ended up being an all star staff member all weekend. I wish everyone in the service industry could see how he treated us. The room was spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was nice, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good not great. One of my favorite parts was having some decent dining options within walking distance. It was easy to find a good meal and drink option, and walk back to the hotel without having to worry about driving after a drink. One interesting note was the Chiefs were playing, and the hotel was packed with Chiefs fans. That was cool to see, and the field was a short drive away. They did a great job of keeping it clean and family friendly even though some of the Chiefs fans were clearly excited about the weekend. Would definitely stay again.

Dear xyzoptics,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It's always nice to receive compliments from happy guests, and I will share your remarks with the rest of our team here.We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We spent a night here for a KC Chiefs game. The hotel is conveniently located. Staff were friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel was quite. It was a good nights sleep. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear KelliJH,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us after the Chiefs game. I'm glad you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide and look forward to serving you here again.

Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We just returned from a weeks stay at this motel. Great choice for our yearly reunion. Staff very friendly, helpful, room comfortable, nice amenities. Breakfast was great Wanted to commend Katalina for the exceptional care and attention she gave us in the breakfast room. She was friendly, and went above and beyond what we've ever seen to meet our needs and such a pleasant demeanor!! The motel was very clean and well kept inside and out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Cindy N,

Thanks for choosing to have your reunion at our hotel. It was wonderful for us to see so many people connecting and reconnecting while you were here.We take a great deal of pride in our people and operations and endeavor to deliver a terrific experience to every guest. I'll be sure that Katalina receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. I'm glad you were happy with us and hope you will be our guests again.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
#7 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!