“WITH ALL THE COMFORT of HOME & MORE!!!”

Comfort Suites Independence
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Checked in on saturday Jan. 4th bout 9pm friendly front desk staff & very helpful with everything from best dine in & out, to closest shopping for groceries. The Sunday Breakfast was AWESOME and prepared by Katalina with a Good Morning & a friendly Smile, she stays on top of everything asking everyone how their meals are & getting them anything if they need it, she'll get it for you so you can remain seated and continue to enjoy your meal you're having. Exceptional Job done by her. Swimming Pool, Hot Tub, Exercise room open 24/7, 2 washers & 2 dryers uncommon for most hotels I've stayed at on my travels, comforting room setting very spacious & clean. Above all I am very impressed with this Hotel, and all there staff, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone heading this way.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear oobab,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your wonderful review and 5 star rating of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. Katalina is amazing and I'll be sure she is rewarded for your mention of her performance. We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for a night while traveling through. The room was a nice size and pretty clean. We did not get much sleep though because the beds were really terrible in our room. Both had holes in the middle and you would just sink into it. People kept slamming doors all night long too. I told the manger when we checked out, but he didn't seem too concerned. Needless to say the next day of driving was tough because we were so tired.

Room Tip: Someone else traveling with our group had a great stay here. Just make sure you check the beds out b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Lola L,

Thank you for making us aware of your disappointment during your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry about the beds and offer my apologies. We'd like to learn which room you were in so we can change these mattress out and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. We look forward to continuing this discussion personally and though we can't give you back the missed sleep, we'll do our best to make amends.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way back from Denver.
It is an easy exit from the interstate and close to restaurants.
The rooms are large and comfortable and clean. Our bathroom needed maintenance. Mold on the wall, peeling paint and wallpaper, cracked grout and a soap dish fell off the wall into the tub during my shower.
It was reported to the desk clerk, I hope they take steps and check the rest of their rooms as well.
Breakfast was typical fare. Their coffee undrinkable. Perhaps I got the rare bad pot?

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Gypsywych,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the poor conditions you found, and for the bad coffee and hope you will accept my apologies. We do have a comprehensive preventative in room maintenance program and will make sure your room is next on the list so the necessary repairs can be made immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a nice, convenient property - very courteous staff, plenty of parking, lots of restaurants nearby. It's a great place to stay while visiting family in town - close to the mall - the room was a great size, the bed comfortable (with lots of pillows) - the A/C & Heat worked really well - it had a great size bathroom - nice towels - all the comforts of home. Some of the housekeeping was a bit spotty - but we know the staff had their hands full all weekend. The breakfast was more than adequate - the coffee good and hot.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear moreauak,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm sorry that our housekeeping team didn't do a better job for you and offer my apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to so this doesn't continue or recur. We value your business and your feedback will help us make improvements to our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I travel frequently for business and leisure to see family. This trip I was with a team of 21 7th and 8th grade boys. They are very disciplined and well behaved but they are teenage boys. Katalina was so nice to us and to our team and made us fell welcome, she even baked us fresh chocolate chip cookies for our drive home. On the amenity side, the pool and work our facility is spotless and the breakfast was tasty, especially the biscuits and gravy! Really everyone was very friendly there. I'd like to mention Eric as well! Love that all rooms have a fridge and a microwave too. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear storm w,

Thank you very much for sharing your remarks about your stay with us. All our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. Katalina and Eric are terrific and inspire all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. I'll ensure they are properly acknowledged for being mentioned here by you. We are happy to be of service and appreciate your business. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly. Room was a good size and very clean. Cleaning crew the next morning was slamming doors at 9am, it was very disturbing. Overall good stay. Good price for a nicely located hotek

• Stayed: November 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear ShockMe9,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice comments. I'm glad you found us to be a good value and that we met your lodging needs. I hope we can serve you here again and you will let us know how we can earn another star or two from you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is surrounded by a variety of restaurants within walking distance. We stayed here one night while visiting family in town. Check in was the smoothest and the fastest I've ever encountered. Our room was very spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was large and roomy, even though there was a big crowd on Sunday morning there were plenty of empty tables. The breakfast was average. It's hard to complain when it's free.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!