“Impressive Hospitality puts the "Comfort" in Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Independence
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Modesto, California, USA
“Impressive Hospitality puts the "Comfort" in Comfort Suites”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Overall, the facility was polished. It's the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in. Never heard traffic, a slamming door, TV's, neighboring guests, or other guests in hallways. Not one peep! Perfectly peaceful. I was on ground level just a few doors down from breakfast area, next to accessible rooms.

As for hospitality, I cannot say ENOUGH about the genuinely kind, thoughtful, and generous nature of the hotel staff majority. Katalina, the breakfast host, became a quick friend. She seemed to have a rapport with returning guests and remembered personal details which certainly makes a guest feel important and welcome. What an asset to your staff! Being from out of state, we needed these accommodations near St. Mary's Hospital in Blue Springs to visit our sister in ICU. Katalina shared words of comfort and encouragement and even sent along a personal gift and 'Get Well' card for our sister which included Hawaiian chocolates and a silk orchid (representative of her culture - which we discussed). My family was thoroughly impressed that hotel staff would be so kind and thoughtful. The gift made my sister smile delightfully and the orchids not only brightened the room, but amazed the hospital staff that they were silk. Other friendly hotel staff who graciously accommodated our needs to extend our stay, re-key our room, access laundry facility, or locate some first-aid supplies were Alisha and Mike. Your staff definitely put the "Comfort" in Comfort Suites and they had no idea the veil of sadness and worry our family was under.

The only negative was housekeeping that didn't vacuum the entire week and appeared distracted from completing our room on multiple days. Not sure what happened there, but not a big deal as we are 'low maintenance'. The friendly atmosphere more than made up for this shortcoming.

I hated to leave my new friends and would definitely consider returning, but under much different personal circumstances.

Room Tip: I was on the ground level not too far from the business center, lobby, and breakfast area. It was s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear LISA R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post your impressive review about your recent stay with us. I hope your sister recovers quickly and completely. I'm very sorry that our housekeeping team dropped the ball with you and didn't vacuum or clean your room as well as they should. Please accept my sincere apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our service. We really appreciate your compliments about Katalina, Alisha and Mike, and I'll be sure they are rewarded for being mentioned here by you. Whatever the circumstances, we look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having a yearly girlfriends weekend. Despite all the activity and being located close to several major highways it was very peaceful and quiet. Can't think of a nicer more friendly place to be. May be back later in the year with a larger group to scrapbook all weekend!

• Stayed January 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Puff76,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future.

Monroe, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Checked in on saturday Jan. 4th bout 9pm friendly front desk staff & very helpful with everything from best dine in & out, to closest shopping for groceries. The Sunday Breakfast was AWESOME and prepared by Katalina with a Good Morning & a friendly Smile, she stays on top of everything asking everyone how their meals are & getting them anything if they need it, she'll get it for you so you can remain seated and continue to enjoy your meal you're having. Exceptional Job done by her. Swimming Pool, Hot Tub, Exercise room open 24/7, 2 washers & 2 dryers uncommon for most hotels I've stayed at on my travels, comforting room setting very spacious & clean. Above all I am very impressed with this Hotel, and all there staff, I would recommend this Hotel to anyone heading this way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear oobab,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your wonderful review and 5 star rating of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. Katalina is amazing and I'll be sure she is rewarded for your mention of her performance. We really appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for a night while traveling through. The room was a nice size and pretty clean. We did not get much sleep though because the beds were really terrible in our room. Both had holes in the middle and you would just sink into it. People kept slamming doors all night long too. I told the manger when we checked out, but he didn't seem too concerned. Needless to say the next day of driving was tough because we were so tired.

Room Tip: Someone else traveling with our group had a great stay here. Just make sure you check the beds out b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Lola L,

Thank you for making us aware of your disappointment during your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry about the beds and offer my apologies. We'd like to learn which room you were in so we can change these mattress out and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. We look forward to continuing this discussion personally and though we can't give you back the missed sleep, we'll do our best to make amends.

South Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on our way back from Denver.
It is an easy exit from the interstate and close to restaurants.
The rooms are large and comfortable and clean. Our bathroom needed maintenance. Mold on the wall, peeling paint and wallpaper, cracked grout and a soap dish fell off the wall into the tub during my shower.
It was reported to the desk clerk, I hope they take steps and check the rest of their rooms as well.
Breakfast was typical fare. Their coffee undrinkable. Perhaps I got the rare bad pot?

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Gypsywych,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the poor conditions you found, and for the bad coffee and hope you will accept my apologies. We do have a comprehensive preventative in room maintenance program and will make sure your room is next on the list so the necessary repairs can be made immediately. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust on a future visit.

Newport, NC
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a nice, convenient property - very courteous staff, plenty of parking, lots of restaurants nearby. It's a great place to stay while visiting family in town - close to the mall - the room was a great size, the bed comfortable (with lots of pillows) - the A/C & Heat worked really well - it had a great size bathroom - nice towels - all the comforts of home. Some of the housekeeping was a bit spotty - but we know the staff had their hands full all weekend. The breakfast was more than adequate - the coffee good and hot.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear moreauak,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review. I'm sorry that our housekeeping team didn't do a better job for you and offer my apologies. I will use your review in discussions and training to so this doesn't continue or recur. We value your business and your feedback will help us make improvements to our operation. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit.

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I travel frequently for business and leisure to see family. This trip I was with a team of 21 7th and 8th grade boys. They are very disciplined and well behaved but they are teenage boys. Katalina was so nice to us and to our team and made us fell welcome, she even baked us fresh chocolate chip cookies for our drive home. On the amenity side, the pool and work our facility is spotless and the breakfast was tasty, especially the biscuits and gravy! Really everyone was very friendly there. I'd like to mention Eric as well! Love that all rooms have a fridge and a microwave too. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear storm w,

Thank you very much for sharing your remarks about your stay with us. All our staff members aim to do everything in their power to fulfill our guests’ needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business. Katalina and Eric are terrific and inspire all of us to do our best, with every guest, every day. I'll ensure they are properly acknowledged for being mentioned here by you. We are happy to be of service and appreciate your business. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Higher Ground Hotel
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!