“Wonderful Staff!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Wonderful Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This place exceeded my expectations for a good nights sleep and helpful staff. My GPS wasn't working so I called ahead to get directions and the front desk clerk talked me through how to arrive at my destination. As I checked in, Alicia, was helpful in getting me in and to my room as quickly as possible. Again, the bedding is simply fantastic for a good, restful night of sleep. Breakfast was good. The orange juice machine was out and I let the kitchen person know. She refilled it and brought a glass to my table in the eating area. (I hadn't asked her to, so that impressed me). Couldn't ask for a better place to stay!

Room Tip: I always call the hotel directly and make my requests known. The hotel usually does their best to b...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear DBoone1951,

Thanks so much for sharing your nice comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your compliments. Alicia and Katalina (our Breakfast Host) are both terrific and I'll be sure they receive the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will be our guest again.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Waldfischbach-Burgalben, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

We were here for a family visit and it was great! Extremely affordable, very clean, great coffee in the morning. Close to everything like restaurants, shopping, zoo, and historical sites. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Caroline K,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and posting your great review and rating about your stay with us. We value all guest feedback and it is always gratifying when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Kalispell, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were in town for the Ringside World Boxing tournament. I had called three other hotels that were already full so this was not based on anything other than it was the first one we could find. It is located close to the Independence event center and there are multiple places to eat that are nice and very close. Although this hotel was filled with boxing and softball teams, the noise wasn't a problem and they managed to keep the breakfast area stocked during the busiest of times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear BBQ_Bob2011,

Thanks for calling us and posting your nice review about your stay here. I'm glad we could accommodate you and that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide. I hope you will be our guest again.

Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stay in Independence once a month while up for a game or grandkids. Usually stay at a different hotel but they were full. We used to stay at Comfort until the other opened. In comparison I'd say, except in a pinch, I'd choose the competition. Why? It's the little things.
The room was nice and spacious and clean. No problem there. The breakfast muffins were tasty and I like the upgraded tables since I was last there. We got the noon checkout we asked for. Those were the good.
The marginal? We had to wait on the desk clerk for over five minutes to check in. No sign of her anywhere. When she did show up she was apologetic but obviously harried and harassed. I do believe she was the only person working in the hotel and it was at 100%+ occupancy. Later in the evening I saw the poor woman mopping up pool water with towels from the hallway floor that some very inconsiderate guests with multiple children left behind. Those same guests and children continued to shriek in the pool and run up and down the halls until the pool closed. Then the slamming of the doors started and continued for about an hour. It resumed at 6:45 the next morning. I know these things aren't in the control of the hotel but there must be very little soundproofing. I've never heard noise at that level at the competition. Breakfast selection was very limited. Egg and sausage patties, bread for toast, waffles,muffins and cereal. There is only one soft drink machine in the hotel on the third floor and it wasn't working. There is a soda cooler in the lobby where 16oz bottles are two bucks. In the evening it had two choices, neither diet. It was finally restocked at 10:00 the next morning. The competition provides an unlimited free soda fountain and popcorn as well as a full breakfast. So given that the two hotels are comparable in price, I will choose the other where they are always fully staffed, quiet, and provide those extra little things that put it a cut above the rest.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank drhalfpint
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear drhalfpint,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your candid comments. I'm very sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent stay and offer my sincere apologies for the frustration, disturbance and inconvenience you experienced here. We want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us and take it very seriously when we learn that we have failed to deliver excellent service and accommodations. We will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation, so this does not continue or recur. We'd like to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can discuss this further. I hope you will give us the chance to regain your confidence.

Friendswood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room was large and was extremely clean. In addition to the two queen beds there was also a sofa and coffee table. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was good and had a large selection. It was conveniently close to the Truman NHS and the Truman library. This hotel is a great value. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Greg L,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to write and post your great review. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from, and are glad you hear that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provide. I hope we can serve you here again.

Bellevue, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very pleased for the price. Easy to find, but far enough off the Interstate so traffic noise is minimal. Hotel was crowded but room noise was not a problem. Staff was efficient and honored my room requests. Large breakfast area with good choices, including sausage, eggs, blueberry waffle batter, fruit, and both kids and adult yogurt. Pool was small and a little cold but sufficient. Decent barbecue restaurant in the parking lot, or half a dozen other choices across the street. Nearby Independence Center mall has a beautiful double-deck carousel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear TheHolidayRoad,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your nice review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Hayward, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The room was large and clean. Breakfast was good except we couldn't get the person working there to get us waffle mix, others also ask but the person keep telling everyone to wait 15 minutes, we were they a half hour and they never brought any mix to make waffles but when we were leaving and look in the breakfast room and saw they did have mix ready. The staff at the front desk were great and help us with directions to the Truman Library. There is free wifi and was very fast. Costco was just down the street for a little cheaper gas. Area was good with many restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Gene G,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your review about your stay with us. I'm sorry about the lack of waffle mix when you wanted it at breakfast and hope you will accept my apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced. I'll work with our breakfast team to make sure we have all items in inventory and proper procedures to make them available at all times, so this doesn't continue or recur. It is only with timely feedback from valued guests such as yourself that we can improve our operation. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and appreciate your kind words.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence
Hilton Garden Inn Independence
#6 of 18 in Independence
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!