“Mixed Bag”

BD's Mongolian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
BD's Mongolian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 251 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Barbecue
Independence, Missouri
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I've eaten at BD's Mongolian Barbeque, and the experience varies. Sometimes the food isn't very good at all--overdone meat, and other times it's exactly what I expect. It's a fun place to eat and one of the few where you handpick what you eat.

• Visited July 2013

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The only restaurant where the customer burns the food!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I went there on 10/06/13 and had my food burnt, twice. The waitress told me the cooks response was that it was my fault for saucing the dish before handing it to them. That the caramelization of the sugars in the sauce causes the burning, so it was in fact my fault and that I should have added the sauce later in a separate bowl. My fault the cooks burnt my food. I had to type that twice because I still can't believe it. No, it was the fact the grill was set at too high of a temperature that the food was burning and the cooks weren't very attentive with my dish. They watched as it burnt and repeatedly scraped the burnt parts down the center hole of the grill. I got half of the plate I even started with because it wound up down the shoot or on the floor. Never in my life have I gone to a restaurant and been told I ruined my dinner, not them. Preposterous. I've gone to many Mongolian Grills all over the midwest and have never had my food burnt and I've always sauced the food before hand. I would have gone back up a third time but my party had to leave. To think I tipped the cooks $3.00 before hand. At least the waitress was attentive and understanding.Thanks BD's Mongolian Grill for $17 worth of crap.

• Visited October 2013
Deming, New Mexico
“It was ok”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stopped here just to try this type of venue. The food was ok and the place was clean, service was good but it just wasn't for us.

Visited November 2012
Pismo Beach, California
“Fun place, great food”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We've eaten at many Mongolian grill places. BD's food is very good albeit a bit pricey compared to other similar restaurants. If you've never done Mongolian grill before this is a good place to start. Staff is friendly and helpful but be aware it is obvious they are trained to up-sell. BDs is putting a corporate chain spin on something that is more often a mom-and-pop operation. By the way, they have an extensive beer menu. I had a vanilla porter that was outstanding. We would probably eat here again.

• Visited September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“A must visit, very unique...”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was a little reserved when I was told about this place but pleasantly impressed and will return! Visited for lunch so not busy, pick your vegies first and then meat ontop...they grill it right in front of you and put on a great show at the grill (be sure to leave a tip). Meal was excellent, can't wait to go back...even worked the chop-sticks like a champ! Service, food and value EXCELLENT!

Visited July 2013