“Wonderful!!!!”

Woodstock Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Independence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 February 2008

My husband and I spent one night in the Wedgewood Suite. Our room and the entire place were really beautiful. Patricia and Todd were very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was delicious too!! Independence is a neat town. We highly recommend staying at the Woodstock Inn B & B when visiting this town.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 21 April 2007

We chose this B&B for our 10th anniversary and can't say enough about it. We stayed in the Oriental Suite and enjoyed the antique wedding bed and the spa tub by the fireplace. The most romantic room ever! You can't get that in a hotel for $199/night. The owners are unexpectedly sweet and gracious -- aiming to make your stay the best in can be. We are picky and have checked other B&B's, and this one is by far the best. You won't be disappointed. The Independence Square is quiet and lovely. Safe to take a stroll if weather permits, or sit outside and enjoy the beautiful landscaping. Breakfast was fabulous -- we sat outside at a table for two. Unforgettable!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank butterfly6472
Loretto, MN
Reviewed 1 November 2005

Having worked in museums all over the United States for the past 14 years and being on on the road for upwards to 9 months every year, I have had my share of "rented beds". I have stayed in a wide variety of hotels and bed and breakfasts.

Woodstock Inn of Independence, Missouri with innkeepers Todd and Patrica Justice stand out among the very best establishments of which I have been a guest. I have enjoyed the innkeepers and their accomidations many times over the past 7 years. I often work in Independence and have found the Woodstock Inn to be a great value. The fact is I have been known to go out of my way to have the opportunity to stay at the Woodstock Inn. In fact one time after finishing a project in Jackson, Mississippi I stopped for
a room with the Justices on my way home to Minneapolis, Minnesota. This isn't even close to being a direct route but it was well worth the extra "many" miles to spend the evening. Going out of my way hasn't been a one time occurance and each time I've gone out of my way to stay overnight or for the weekend I am pleased with the decision I've made to stop. I guess you could say I'm hooked on staying at their fine establishment and no, I'm not related and have never met tne Justices before my first stay with them. It is a pleasure to support what I feel are truly good people by staying the night or month or even longer. So far my longest stay has been 6 weeks and it was over the Christmas and New Year holidays. What a great place to be over the holidays, if you can't be at your own home.

Besises staying at the Woodstock Inn on numerous work trips over the past 7 years, I have taken my wife to the Inn for special occasions. I've felt through the years I have traveled for my work and all different places which I have visited, this would be the number one choice to take my wife. Like all the other visitors that I've run into at the Woodstock Inn, my wife loved our stay!!

The Innkeepers, Todd and Patrica, are very knowledgable of the area and it's attratactions, which includes some great resturant suggestions. They have always been very friendly and have been available when needed. One of the things that stands out for me is they won't smother you when you want to be left alone. They are very good at being friendly and helpful and yet not intruding on your personal time. This is something I have run into before at bed and breakfasts when you just need to be by yourself. Todd and Patrica are truly "Professionals".

The breakfasts at the Woodstock Inn are top notch, there is plenty of food and a nice variety is offered. This is something I lookforward to each morning. The Inn itself is nothing but beautiful. It's a pleasure to just see all the wonderful antiques from all over the world that they have used to decorate. The whirlpool tubs are so soothing after a long hard days work. This is a great place to get some REST.

Independence and Kansas City are towns that have much to offer for recreation and tourism. The Harry S Truman Presidential Library is a short distance from the Inn along with the Truman Home. The Historic Downtown with the courthouse, some great restaurants, and Clinton's Soda Foutain where Truman had his first job as a soda jerk. A short distance away is Kansas City where you can see the Nelson Atkins Art Museum (this is a fabulous art museum!!) and the Steam Ship Arabia Museum, The Vaile Mansion, and Bigham-Waggoner Estate. The Royals Stadium and Chiefs Stadium are fun to visit for a good ball game.

Resturants in this area are great. Kansas City is known for it's Barbque and I've eaten some very nice meals in this town. Todd and Patrica always have great suggestions for lunch and dinner when I get stuck on where to go.

Having stayed at the Woodstock Inn so much over the years I have had some very nice chats with other guests. These chats are not always when the InnKeepers are present which means people can express their true feelings about the Inn. The concences is always the same, "This is a very classy well run bed and breakfast. Never have I heard an ill word come from any guest. We all have agreed that the Justices operate one of the best Inn's in the country and they have many awards from the community to prove it.

I would strongly suggest staying with Todd and Patrica at the Woodstock Inn if ever given the opportunity. It is a memory you will appreciate for a long time to come.

Terry B.

Reviewed 11 August 2005

I've stayed at the Woodstock on two different occassions and both were magical. My husband and I spent a romantic weekend in the Oriental Suite a few years ago and loved it. The wedding bed was absolutely gorgeous and so very comfortable, and the hot tub was perfect. My mother and I decided to stay in the Magnolia room (with two double beds) for a girls weekend of shopping and loved that room as well. Patricia has a unique way of decorating and the rooms come out perfect. Comfortable and cozy with lots of personal touches.

The breakfasts are incredible. My favorite is the cherry and apple crepes, but the waffles are fabulous as well.

We've stayed at numerous b&b's and the Woodstock Inn is one of our favorites. I'm sure we will have many more stays there in the future!

Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank tcreath
Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2005

We had such a wonderful, relaxing, romantic and peaceful time at the Woodstcok Inn. The Inn is elegant and ALL the items displayed through out the Inn come from all over the world!!! Just amazing! The Wedgewood Suite was dream like! The Spa tub is absolutely incredible and we can't wait to return in the winter to use the fireplace as well. Every morning Todd and Patricia surpriced with the best breakfasts...I loved the french toast stuffed with ham and cheeses and my friend couldn't get enough of the waffles! We had our champagne in the courtyard and what a heaven that is! Independence is very interesting and so full of history, and Kansas City is lots of fun too and very close by! Great Innkeepers, great Inn...we will return again and again!

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed 6 August 2005

This is one of the best B&B's that my wife and I have ever stayed at. The innkeepers, Todd and Patricia, were very accomodating. Todd was the cook and he did a great job with excellent food and service, but as we discussed with him, we think that the breakfast timing should be extended by one hour. That would give everyone a chance to sleep-in for an extra hour. The place has furnishings and nick-nacks that represent their travels in Asia while they worked in Korea for several years. Patricia has done an amazing job of giving the B&B a homey feeling by extensive use of appropriate decorations and putting in a lovely garden and patio. For general travel or a special event, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: July 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 23 May 2005

The Woodstock has rooms decorated to represent the many countries Todd and Patti Justice, the proprietors, have traveled to. Every room is unique with its own furnishings. The China room, Venezuela, Ecuador, Thailand and on and on! Hot tubs in most rooms, and great privacy in this old Missouri mansion. The hospitality and friendly atmosphere made our stay one to remember. Belgian waffles for breakfast start the day right, with Todd's great coffee also.
Don't miss taking an opportunity to stay at this wonderful Bed & Breakfast.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Higher Ground Hotel
Hawthorn, A Bed & Breakfast
Hawthorn, A Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 6 in Independence
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Independence

Been to Woodstock Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!