“Surprising Find”
Review of Cafe Verona

Cafe Verona
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 251 Restaurants in Independence
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Osage St
Description: Nestled in historic Independence Square, Café Verona will whisk you from the Midwest to the romance of Italy.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Surprising Find”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were touring Independence on the Columbus Day holiday and during the federal government shutdown. So we were disappointed to find both the Truman Home and Presidential Library closed, as well as many of the shops and restaurants in town. Expecting that we would have to eat fast food, we happened upon Café Verona and were very pleasantly surprised. The menu offered an array of antipasto, salads, pastas and entrees. The food was well prepared and quite flavorful. I had a delicious sweet corn risotto. Our waiter was attentive and friendly.

• Visited October 2013

Hilliard, Ohio
“Best Italian I've had”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had a getaway B&B vacation to Missouri and this was the way to start it out! Romantic and artfully done, this restaurant surprised us. The Trio bruschetta was tasty, salads refreshing and the pasta (sweet corn risotto and artichoke ravioli) was wonderful! Katie was a wonderful server and rolled with the punches..Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
Appleton
“nice outside dining in the courtyard”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had a very nice meal...my husband had a sandwich, which was quite adequate and I had a nice salad. We ate out in the courtyard, which was delightful. The price was very fair.

We do have a suggestion for the restaurant. Inside there is a lovely booth tucked in the back. We asked to sit there first, but were told it was reserved for the owner's familty. I'm sorry, but that still bugs me. However, I would still go back, since the food was great.

• Visited July 2013
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great food and gluten free choices”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had several choices of gluten free meals and some were modifies for my diet. If I selected large meals they supplied a container and I ate the left overs for lunch the next day.The staff were very helpful checking the meals for my diet..

Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, wonderful service”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We came in with a large group (about 35). They were very accomodating and the food and service was wonderful. I highly recommend the sweet corn risotto.

• Visited July 2013