“Weekend in Independence MO”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My family and I spent Labor Day at Quality Inn in Independence MO - Nice size room, the building is older and could use some updating. Limited furniture in room, could use a couple comfortable chairs, We were in a suite. No elevator. Staff were very nice and friendly, and the breakfast was great - a lot of choices. Good location too! Close to stadiums and restaurant. Would recommend as an average hotel at an average price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RandG_MN

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Front desk clerk Tabatha was very friendly and fast. Breakfast was great with many choices. Room was clean and good size. Was great to have indoor and outdoor pool. Great staff, would recommend this hotel to everyone. Very easy to find ,great location

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank greatestalive
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Hallways just absolutely reek of smoke. Non-smoking room had cigarette burns on the counters, bedspreads, pillows and sheets smelled of smoke. Musty and damp carpet. Carpet was not even vacuumed. My wife found bugs in one of the beds. Other reviews made this sound like a okay place to stay, they are absolutely misleading. I will never stay at a Quality Inn ever again. This was absolutely the grossest hotel I can ever remember and I don't have champagne tastes. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I paid $92 for one night after going to the KC Royals game. I also stayed at the Hampton across from Oceans of Fun earlier this summer, this is a much nicer hotel for $109 per night.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GoBigRed2012
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn & Suites Hotel for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and maintenance staff were consulted about the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke which you encountered. It was suggest that ways to eliminate it be looked into.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to their complete extermination.

• I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

It started with a surly desk clerk last night and went downhill from there. Used towel on the bathroom floor. The clean towels were stained. Moldy carpet; the air conditioning unit was apparently leaking it's condensation.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Personnels, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Sir,

I have reviewed your reservation and identified the room in which you were staying, and the desk clerk that handled your check-in. I would like to help resolve these issues in any way I can; you can contact me at my email, or here at the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience, and my thanks for alerting me to these issues at the hotel.

Ashley Harness
ashley.qisales@gmail.com
(816) 373-8856 ext. 185

Reviewed 13 July 2012

This motel is located in a great spot, approximately 4 miles from the Royals baseball stadium and within a 15 minute drive downtown. We paid a little more to get one of the suites as we were travelling with our 2 year old. It was well worth it. They have a great breakfast in the morning, microwave and fridge in the room, flat screen TV and comfortable bed. The bathroom was a little small, but adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property recently while on a short vacation. I have stayed at many Choice Hotels. The hotel is typical for this class and type of property - you get what you expect: a decent and reasonably clean room, a simple breakfast, and an inexpensive price. This particular property is showing its age and it's a bit worn and in need of renovation and updating. The room was clean and included a refrigerator and microwave, and the beds were good. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome at checkin. Breakfast included hot and cold items including waffles, eggs and meat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Keith T
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here three nights. When we got to our room, a suite, the fridge had been shut off, and the freezer department had defrosted and left a puddle all over the floor by the fridge and inside the fridge. The smell of mold from the bathroom was overpowering. By the end of our stay, my sinuses were beginning to get infected due to my mold allergy. I did not attempt to ask for a different room, as the hotel only has 3 suites like the one I was in and we wouldn't fit in a regular room. There was no fan in the bathroom, and a chunk of the floor was missing in the corner, covered up by the garbage can. The outside of the toilet was never cleaned during our stay. The room, although nonsmoking, had been smoked in. The pull out couch showed evidence of this, as well as other stains. The beds were comfortable. The morning breakfast spread was very nice, and the worker in the breakfast area was friendly and helpful. However, seating in the breakfast area was not adequate, and the overflow room was 4 large, old, round tables in what apparently in the 80's was a banquet room. The pools were nice, and the courtyard has beautiful landscaping. In the evenings, they have free coffee, milk and cookies which was also nice. I didn't find the front desk staff especially professional. They called me up in my room about a problem and were having a conversation amongst themselves while they were talking to me. There were coffee stains on one of the windowsills in the hallway the entire time we were there, and spills of breakfast foods were on the steps. The hall carpet is filthy. I'm not sure why this hotel has such good reviews, but thought other people might like to know this hotel is very outdated and in need of repair, in addition to management needing to pay closer attention to details like cleanliness and hospitality. It is not suitable for people with mold, cigarette smoke or dust allergies.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
3 mi away
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!