“Good for price”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were made up nicely. We had 2 Queen beds and there was good room to move around - not crowded. The breakfast was plentiful and had a good variety of hot and cold.
The main drawback for us was that the pool water was green. We also had to ask at the desk for pool towels, instead of them being stocked in the pool area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sandy C

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The good: The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was also good.
The bad: The internet connection is horrible, so if you need it for your job, this is not the place for you. There was a bulldog convention there while we stayed and the dogs were kept in the hallway of the hotel by the lobby. This meant that there was a dog smell in this area which was also right where you ate. Also, because the dogs were there, the hotel staff told us we had to take our children outside to access the indoor pool in 30 degree weather. This was upsetting to me to have our wet kids out in that weather because the dogs were more important!

Room Tip: We had just a basic room with two queen beds and it was very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marhuck
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and our friendly staff. We also take pride in the quality of the breakfast we offer. I’m sincerely sorry, however, that there was a failure of the wifi during your stay and that the bulldog event caused some unpleasant consequences. Perhaps we could have handled that event’s guests better. In any case, I thank you again for your positive comments and apologize for the inconveniences.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

In need of renovation! Pool was very dirty. No towels in pool area. Front desk clerks were very friendly and nice! Breakfast buffet was super! Didn't feel real safe. Outside doors to entrance 1 propped open many times! Room door wasn't real secured less you put your weight on it. Room needed dusted from top to bottom.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz R
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, both positive and negative. We use all comments to help us improve. I’m very sorry you noticed some maintenance and housekeeping issues that detracted from your experience, but thanks for pointing out the quality of our breakfast buffet and the friendliness of our staff. Still, I apologize that we fell short of providing you a 100 percent satisfactory experience. We’re always improving and will do better next time.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Came in for a girlfriend weekend. The staff here was way beyond any expectation I could ever have. Will definitely stay here again and bring all my friends! If you are ever in the Kansas City area plan your stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ddwhite817
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at Quality Inn over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Awesome price for room. Staff is great, very friendly and helpful. The pregnant front desk lady(didnt get a name) was very helpful with directions to the Harry S Truman site. My childern really enjoyed the pool and I the hut tub. Breakfast was great many things to choose from. I will def be staying again.

Room Tip: The suites are much bigger than the regular rooms, but our on second floor with no elvevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank leslie r
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I reserved the King/Jacuzzi suite. The room was very dark - dark walls and dark carpeting. There were concrete beams on the ceiling that gave it a warehouse/industrial feel. The clerk noted the convience of my room being across the hall from an entrance door - but the door didn't work with the pass card, so no more convenience. The jacuzzi was very dated - and also a dark color! There was a seperate shower and bath - but no light in the shower, so you showered in the dark - and no shelves to hold shampoo or soap or anything. The breakfast was good - if typical for Choice Hotels.

Room Tip: Pass on the jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ozgirl75
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments. We’re very sorry we did not completely meet your expectations. We have corrected some small maintenance issues since your stay, but our goal is to provide 100 percent satisfaction to every guest. Yes, some fixtures are designed to be dark in color, but we take pride that they are clean and well-maintained. We have rechecked all rooms even since your stay and are confident in the quality of our accommodations. We hope we can serve you again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Room smelled like a giant cigarette, door wouldn't shut unless you slammed all your body weight on it. When you glance at the room its nice, till you actually go inside and look at the room. Smoke detector was completely gone from the ceiling. Way overpriced for what you get!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ShockMe9

Dear guest,

I’m sorry to hear you experienced some maintenance issues at our hotel. A vandalized smoke detector is completely unacceptable. If you had reported this problem we could have moved you to a different room. We strive to always exceed expectations, and we sincerely apologize that we fell short in your case. We’ll do better next time.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
3 mi away
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!