“Good price but fair to poor atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Green Bay
“Good price but fair to poor atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The price was good for the breakfast and clean room but the entire hotel was not well maintained. Interior needs some painting and updating and outside grounds extremely unkept. (i.e. weeds, broken fountain, gazebo in pool area broken also. Staff was friendly and breakfast ok but biscuits for gravy were rock hard.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank pedroGreenBay
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about my staff, but I’m troubled that you did not find the overall quality of the property to your liking. We keep all comments like these on file and use them to prioritize improvements. We are always working to improve this hotel, the breakfast we serve and everything we do. I sincerely apologize that there were lapses that detracted from your stay, and I hope you’ll try us again when in the area.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is a great hotel, the front desk attendant was very nice and helpful!!! The hotel is in a older neighborhood but nice and quiet! The beds were very comfortable and nice rooms! The breakfast was also very good, nice and hot!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank sierrasy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were made up nicely. We had 2 Queen beds and there was good room to move around - not crowded. The breakfast was plentiful and had a good variety of hot and cold.
The main drawback for us was that the pool water was green. We also had to ask at the desk for pool towels, instead of them being stocked in the pool area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Sandy C
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

The good: The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was also good.
The bad: The internet connection is horrible, so if you need it for your job, this is not the place for you. There was a bulldog convention there while we stayed and the dogs were kept in the hallway of the hotel by the lobby. This meant that there was a dog smell in this area which was also right where you ate. Also, because the dogs were there, the hotel staff told us we had to take our children outside to access the indoor pool in 30 degree weather. This was upsetting to me to have our wet kids out in that weather because the dogs were more important!

Room Tip: We had just a basic room with two queen beds and it was very spacious.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank marhuck
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and our friendly staff. We also take pride in the quality of the breakfast we offer. I’m sincerely sorry, however, that there was a failure of the wifi during your stay and that the bulldog event caused some unpleasant consequences. Perhaps we could have handled that event’s guests better. In any case, I thank you again for your positive comments and apologize for the inconveniences.

Saint Robert, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

In need of renovation! Pool was very dirty. No towels in pool area. Front desk clerks were very friendly and nice! Breakfast buffet was super! Didn't feel real safe. Outside doors to entrance 1 propped open many times! Room door wasn't real secured less you put your weight on it. Room needed dusted from top to bottom.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Liz R
qualityindependencek, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments, both positive and negative. We use all comments to help us improve. I’m very sorry you noticed some maintenance and housekeeping issues that detracted from your experience, but thanks for pointing out the quality of our breakfast buffet and the friendliness of our staff. Still, I apologize that we fell short of providing you a 100 percent satisfactory experience. We’re always improving and will do better next time.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Independence hotels

Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Came in for a girlfriend weekend. The staff here was way beyond any expectation I could ever have. Will definitely stay here again and bring all my friends! If you are ever in the Kansas City area plan your stay here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ddwhite817
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at Quality Inn over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Awesome price for room. Staff is great, very friendly and helpful. The pregnant front desk lady(didnt get a name) was very helpful with directions to the Harry S Truman site. My childern really enjoyed the pool and I the hut tub. Breakfast was great many things to choose from. I will def be staying again.

Room Tip: The suites are much bigger than the regular rooms, but our on second floor with no elvevator.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leslie r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
#14 of 18 in Independence
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!