“Miserable staff and very poor wifi”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Independence
“Miserable staff and very poor wifi”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a nice stay in a large clean room but they had not got a cot ready for us and they couldn't get us sheets for it because there were no housekeeping staff. Eventually the miserable man on reception did manage to find one. He was very unhelpful and unfriendly from the moment we arrived, hardly speaking a word during check in. The wifi was very poor and could often only be accessed by moving from the room to the corridor. Even then it was very slow. Breakfast was ok but not great. The waffle machine was probably the best part. The disposable plates etc didn't help matters. A good selection of breakfast items though.

• Stayed May 2014
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear our front desk was not friendly or inviting upon your check in. Since your visit I have set down with all front desk staff to ensure everyone is being treated correctly. I also have contacted my internet company to ensure all guests are receiving a good signal. We hope to see you again.
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The air conditioning was awesome! The beds were a little uncomfortable. The breakfast was not served early enough (not until 7:00). We went for a softball tournament and had to be at the field at 7:00am so we didn't even have the change to eat breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn & Suites. We hope to see you again.
Paul Desai
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There is a gang of us staying here, because we are working in the area. The Staff is VERY Friendly and the Housekeeping is very clean. Its in a very good location, being just west of Kansas City. The is restaurants and Shopping in walking distance. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.Will be staying here again when in the area

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Please come back and see us!!
Paul Desai
Paris, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Room was large , clean. Staff very friendly .Hot tub and pool were clean and well heated. Breakfeast was good except for the eggs. . Not the real thing. Location is great . Yes we would stay again when in KC

1 Thank Judy079
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us here at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If your in the area again please come and see us.

Management
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Location was great, quick access to the Stadiums in KC. PET FRIENDLY!!!!
Suite was huge, hot tub was great, room was a smoking room but could not tell. It smelled great. Didn't get to enjoy the indoor or outdoor pool but sure will when we go back. Yes, only place to stay in KC.

1 Thank Karen R
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do our survey and staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!!
Genoa, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hotel is in dire need of update and staff to customer interaction training.

Our room had an unpleasant odor from the carpets, drapes, and linens. The bathroom was covered in dark hair, and the walls and ceiling in the bathroom were peeling and falling down. While taking a shower, chunks of spackling fell on top of me --yuck! We were literally five minutes late for breakfast and couldn't even get a cup of coffee from anyone on staff. The staff seemed to believe it was someone else's problem and no one knew anything. The only bright spot was the BBQ place next door--great food!! There are so many other choices for lodging in the area -- move on down the road.

Room Tip: Move on down the road
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Personnels, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this review, 13 June 2015
Dear Guest, We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are currently remodleing and upgrading our hotel. We want to offer you a discount of 20% off your next stay. Please come visit again and give us another chance. Thank you FDM Connie

Travellers are raving about these Independence hotels

Independence, Missouri, USA
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great location with easy accessibility to shopping, entertainment, professional sports, and good dining experiences. This facility has both an indoor and outdoor pool (weather dependant), an attractive lobby area, quality breakfast, and comfort. The price was reasonable and the facility clean. The rooms are comfortable and cable TV provided. The beds are comfortable and despite being located near I-70 the facility seemed quiet enough, despite a pretty full occupancy during my stay. While there is some wear to the facility, I'd stay here again for the value and positive experience of my recent stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south and west sides were quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Kansas City - Sports Complex
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#14 of 18 in Independence

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East? Share your experiences!