“Ok hotel but improvements are in the works.”

Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is dated but they are doing work on it. The carpet in our room was really dirty. The kids left muddy footprints on the bathroom floor after swimming. They walked from the bed to the shower and the bathroom floor was muddy. The shower was spraying from the wall and dripped all night. When we told the desk person she offered us a new room. Upon check out we mentioned it again to the new person just to make sure they knew and she said yeah they were waiting on parts. The indoor pool is being redone so it is just the outdoor pool open. They have a one foot area where the little kids could play. That was very nice. The beds were very comfy as were the pillows. We slept great. The staff was very friendly. After remodeling is done I think this will be a nice hotel. Until then just leave your shoes on.

Room Tip: Ask to look at your room before accepting one. Some of them smell musty. Upstairs rooms are better...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger M
Personnels, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to fill out our survey, we haqve done some upgradeing and remodeling and look forward to seeing you in the future we are glad the children enjoyed the pool. Thank you FDM Connie

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have found that this hotel is one of the better ones within this area but was very surprised at all the things that needed to be fixed or updated. Not to mention so better cleaning. Our bathroom was musty smelling and the carport in front was still broken... Last time we visited it was too and that was in 2011. The indoor pool is never open when we come either. For the price we paid I expected it to be cleaner and not need as much work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Quality Inn & Suites. We are currently planning renovations for the fall season. I have met with housekeeping and maintenance to ensure all issues are being handled in a timely fashion.
I'm sorry about the carport, I had a moving truck drive through it last month (this is the 3rd time). I'm currently working with my insurance company to get it fixed.
I hope you give us another chance, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I recently booked a two nights stay at this Quality in location. The room smelt of mildew and had had appearances of previously being wet. The wallpaper was pulling back off the wall, the shower bar was missing, and to top it all off my guest and I were scared half to death by a brown recluse spider that clawld across her face in the early morning hours!!! We did kill it and report it to the front desk, apologizes were made but that was about it.. Good staff.. Very nice morning breakfast offered downstairs off the lobby area. Needs deep cleaning and exterminated!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to do our survey. I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your experience here at Quality Inn & Suites. Since your visit I have contacted our exterminator and he has sprayed the whole hotel to ensure no more spiders are around. I also have had maintenance go through all rooms to ensure any maintenance issues are cleared up. We would love to see you again.
Paul Desai

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Where to start. The front desk clerk can be heard a mile away, our room smelled, the toilet seat was about to fall off, there was a piece of molding missing in the bathroom-literally bare wood. The bed was fine, the comforter was very nice. The fridge in the room didn't work well, no microwave. The breakfast was ok, nothing very remarkable (except the sausage made me sick the rest of the day). We used the indoor pool because of inclement weather. The pool area STINKS!!! I can't get the smell out of our suits! Neither whirlpool had working jets and the sauna was not warm.
I used my rewards points to pay (free) for the hotel, so at least I am not out any money. I've stayed at several Quality Inns before and have NEVER been so disgusted. Trust me, spend the few extra dollars and stay at the Drury!

Room Tip: Go the the Drury Inn!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
I apologize your stay with us at Quality Inn & Suites was not satisfactory. I have made maintenance aware of all issues and they are currently working on them. I hope you will give us another chance.
Paul Desai

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located off the Noland Road exit of I-70 just East of Kansas City, MO. It is approximately 3.5 miles East of Kaufmann & Arrowhead Stadiums. Compared to other Quality Inn hotels I’ve stayed at this one falls short. The building is in dire need of renovations. The food and beverage was below average. The eggs at breakfast were of the fake variety. Their 24-hour coffee station in the dining area was not maintained during off breakfast hours. There were no clean towels in my room when I checked in. I had to accept accommodations in a smoking room. I was told all the rooms were cleaned and aired out, even the smoking rooms. I was able to tell as soon as I opened the door. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. I enjoyed the outdoor pool but never got the chance to experience the indoor pool. I would not recommend to a friend

• Stayed: June 2014
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us here at Quality Inn & Suites. I have talked with all staff to ensure all guests rooms are ready and that we are staying on top of the drink station. We are planning renovations this fall. We hope that you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights to go to a Royals game and check out Kansas City. It was a reasonable distance from the stadium. The front staff was so friendly! We arrived early and it was no problem checking in early. The lobby and our room was very clean. We thought the bed was comfortable. There was a weird smell in our room from the A/C but it wasn't unbearable.

The breakfast was okay. There was an assortment of things but nothing spectacular. The space was also very small.

The decor was outdated, but that's not really a huge deal to me. The only qualm I had was all the doors stuck. The bathroom door in our room never closed all the way, the door to our room was hard to open and shut and the door to get in to our section to the hotel was hard to open.

Otherwise, I would stay again for a short stay for clean rooms and friendly staff. And also for the custard place just down the road!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Personnels, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for us at Quality Inn & Suites. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am currently staying at the Quality Inn in Independence, MO and I have never stayed in such a dump in my entire life. I actually joined tripadvisor tonight just to make sure people don't make the same mistake I did. The room smells absolutely terrible. The carpet underneath the air conditioner is soaking wet (which is probably causing the overwhelming mildew smell). The refrigerator smells terrible as well. The television doesn't work either. This place needs to be condemned.

I travel for work and spend about 75% of weekdays in hotels. I have stayed in many budget hotels and never have I come across a place this disgusting. Stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Rooms is other hotels are better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Daniel S

Dear Guest,
I'm very sorry your stay with us was not up to par. Since your visit I have sent maintenance in the mentioned room and he is currently working on fixing all issues with the ac unit. I do apologize, and would like to offer you a discount of 25% off if you choose to stay with us again. I hope you can give us another chance. Hope to see you soon.