“Remarkable hotel experience”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Independence, Missouri
“Remarkable hotel experience”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is very well kept and nice. The staff was amazing and the room was great as well. Close to major independence attractions and sites. We stayed here because I brought my kids here for Chiefs games. Any how the staff actually called the cab for us and also directed us to a nice restaurant close by. They have HOT PAN CAKES as well for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Suites. This is what we will get next time we stay with them
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed here spur of the moment, did not have reservations. When I called to check if there were any vacancies and the price-- was told the price was $49.99 with AAA-which I do not have. Found it odd that information was brought up without me asking. The gentleman that checked us in smelled like he'd had a few too many drinks but his service was ok. The room was very small but clean. Not a big deal for us, we just needed a place to sleep. Bed was a little firmer than I like but the pillows were great! Breakfast was the normal--instant oatmeal, donuts, cold cereal, bananas, etc.. There were pancakes which we didn't notice until after we had eaten. All in all, an ok stay. Would stay again because the price is right.(We were on the 2nd floor)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Cairo, Missouri
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed here overnight for Chiefs game. Hotel was fairly clean, room was cleaner than the rest of the hotel. Bed was adequate. Check-in was easy, however, the attendant wanted a copy of my credit card for incidentals. That was fine, she made the copy, but then flipped the card over and jotted down the 3 digit security code off the back. I have never seen any of them do that before so I questioned her about it. She did not have a good answer and I was very uncomfortable about it.

Great location to Chiefs/Royals stadiums, restaurants, and easily accessible to I 70. Overall, it was okay, but I have stayed in better places around the stadium so I probably will not go back here unless it is the last option.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was told what an upgrade would COST me...now they told me it was the "DIFFERNCE" between the rooms. I paid double on a non-smoking suite that smelled like it had been a smoking room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I travel a lot and don't normally stay at Super 8's, but this was a surprise and a refreshing. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was very clean. This location was closer to a client I was meeting and there were plenty of good places to eat close by.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I enjoyed this Super 8.....I book a room here when I go to KC every year to watch the Royals. Very close to the ball fields and kind of in the middle of that and a big mall which is great. I have never had a problem and I've stayed here probably 5 years in a row.

• Stayed May 2010
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2010

We just needed a room close to Kaufmann Stadium to watch the Royals. Room was pretty average. Everything worked, but it's clear this is an older property. Breakfast was incredibly mediocre and the breakfast "room" if you can call it that, was extremely small. However, for the price I paid, this was an adequate, quick overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
#17 of 18 in Independence
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Stadium

Been to Super 8 Independence Kansas City? Share your experiences!