“Owner”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Independence
“Owner”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Best beds I have ever slept in at a Super 8. Every member of the staff said good morning. Two of them even helped me with the Microwave using some special adjusting (LOL)

The person on the front desk was extremely helpful even getting a room for me on the first floor for my pet.

Thanks everyone! please pass this on to the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

DaveParmar, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Independence Kansas City, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! It is rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in making you feel at home and that you experienced no difficulties with our services or amenities. We are especially happy to share this review with our staff who work hard to ensure that you feel welcomed like family.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Huntington, Indiana United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you are sensitive to offensive odors, this hotel is not for you. I am sure that it is some chemical that they are using to cover the other odors of a hotel in need of renovation, but it is a foul chemical smell. I noticed it in the lobby but then decided that I was visiting family and would only be sleeping and showering in the hotel and the rest of the time would be with my family. So I didn't leave immediately. That night, after returning to the hotel, I could not sleep due to the overwhelming smell (sort of like unrefined crude oil mixed with cloved orange, but mostly the oil smell). I could even taste it. As I laid there contemplating spending two more nights in the hotel, my wife awoke and I asked her about the smell. She was quick to suggest that we check out in the morning. To the credit of the hotel-they did not charge me for the unused nights because I had not paid in advance. They did not ask me why we were checking out early. The hotel sent me a survey. The survey said that it was Tripadvisor and since I review hotels and restaurants where I spend my vacation dollars, I answered it. Their response said that they were sorry that I did not enjoy my stay. The review did not show up on TripAdvisor! So these other reviews that say that: "Review collected in partnership with Super 8" should have a disclaimer that reads "Review collected and selected for publication BY Super 8". I do not have a vendetta against Super 8, I stayed in one on this same trip in Dodge City Kansas that went fine. I am also a Worldmark by Wyndham owner and we get discounts at Super 8 and all other Wyndham affiliates. So I want them to do well, but I must let my TripAdvisor family know about my experience at this hotel and the subsequent "survey" that I thought was going to be included in TripAdvisor!

Room Tip: There are no elevators, if you have trouble with stairs, get a room on floor 1.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DaveParmar, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Independence Kansas City, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible experience with our rooms and our staff. I also deeply regret that your prior review for TripAdvisor that you mentioned was not published on the site, although I do not know the exact reason for this, as the very last thing that we want to do is to stifle our guests from showing us exactly where we are lacking and in what ways we can improve.

In that regard, your feedback is highly valuable to us and I do mean that. While it is oft repeated, the value we place on the experiences that you share with us and others is genuine; and we will use this information to improve our services and our rooms.

If you so choose to give us another chance in the future, we will strive to ensure that you will have a much better experience and will truly enjoy your next stay.

Thank you again for your feedback! Guests like yourself who speak honestly are the reason that hotels like ours are able to continuously improve and we hope that you will continue to share your experiences with others.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium

Been to Super 8 Independence Kansas City? Share your experiences!