“Good price, comfortable beds, but low water pressure and thin towels” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good price, comfortable beds, but low water pressure and thin towels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The Fairfield Inn is a comfortable place with good value, it's highway access, cleanliness and friendly staff are welcoming. Our room was comfortable, clean, and the beds and pillows were quite comfortable. We got a great night's sleep. Once morning arrived the continental breakfast was good, they offered a good spread of eggs, pastries, cereal, and fruit. The belgian waffle maker was a nice touch. What I especially liked was that on the way out, the manager asked me if I "had any suggestions for improvement?" I found that to be a nice question for a hotel manager to ask which showed attentiveness that other hotels do not seem to seek from customers.

My only complaint is that the water pressure was severely low, and the towels were near paper thin. It was not a comfortable shower, nor a comfortable way to dry yourself after. Maybe I'm being particular, but that's something that's a pet peeve of mine while traveling. If those things aren't as big of a deal for you as they are for me, this might just be a great hotel for you. But for me, I'm remaining neutral and not saying to stay away, but I'm not sure this would be my first choice the next time around.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us a review. I apologize for the water pressue but it is being looked into. We hope you will stay with us the next time your are in our area to enjoy our midwest hospitality, comfortable beds, and our "good spread" for breakfast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were visiting with the wife and my sister. Needed a location that would be easy to get on interstate and local highways and this Fairfield met the bill. Is right next to a Residence Inn if you are thinking of upgrading. :) Pluses - very friendly staff, clean, well maintained, nice indoor pool, outstanding Wifi but then we were on 1st floor not far from reception area. Minuses - pricey even for a Fairfield, a bit noisy from second floor guests, no whirlpool (had one but it is permanently out of service), TV remote was an agony had to call the desk and a very helpful lady came and gave me a remote that would change channels (you must change channels via remote) however the remote would not control any other functions (not a disaster as the TV's own buttons worked ok for the sound, power).

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I agree that our location is convenient and close to just about anything you would want. We hope you stay with us when in our area again.
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I needed a hotel at the last minute, the rate was good on the travel budget, the location off of I-70 convenient, and it is a FFI. Room was clean, it is not on the highway so it was quiet. I checked in at 10pm, and out at 8am, no issues during my 10 hours here. Excatly what I look for in a stop and sleep situation.

Room Tip: There is a Residence Inn next door.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Than you for your review. Although a brief stay, I a glad we were able to meet your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We had a large youth group of 168 people. The staff at the Fairfield Inn were wonderful and so helpful as we planned and once we arrived, everything was in order to make checking in that many people a breeze. The hotel is nice and clean and the breakfast was delicious. Elaine Rose, the GM, was especially wonderful! Great staff, great hotel! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We love having the church youth groups stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in four years!
Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I rate it poor because they seem to invite pet owners but segregate them upon arrival with lower standard rooms and special signs that indicate them as pet owners. I understand that dogs are dangerous to service staff, they are messy and incur extra costs but the lengths this hotel goes to charge extra and label those with dogs made me feel unwelcome and like my money wasn't as good. First floor room next to the restrooms, bangs at 4am from the breakfast staff setting up...the morning staff was vicious at my inquiry of the bill upon check out. I won't stay again, and I hope they just say "no pets" so I remember not to stay there in the future. $130 dollars buys me a really nice hotel somewhere else even with a pet.

Room Tip: Don't say you have a pet.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JPTR_13
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
My sincere apology that you felt unwanted. We have specific rooms that are for our guests with pets. We have these rooms on the first floor for ease of taking pets outside. There is also the issue of guests who have extreme allergies to pet dander; we want to acknowledge their situation also and be sure other rooms do not house animals. Our rooms with a pet inside have the room tag so housekeeping and maintenance knows an animal may be inside. This is for the safety of our employee and the pet in the room. We would hate for a pet to get loose. Again I apologize that we did not make you feel welcomed; that is our goal for all of our guests (even the four legged ones). We hope you will try us again on your next trip through our area.

Travellers are raving about these Independence hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We just got back from spending two nights in this hotel. We choose it because of the good reviews and it did not disappoint. Right within walking distance from a strip mall with a 20 cine, down the road from the mall and just 20 minutes from downtown Kansas City. The staff was very nice, the room was great, and the hot breakfast was wonderful (special thanks to Ken!, he did a great job taking care of the breakfast area and the biscuits and gravy was so good!) I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are very excited about our new breakfast options, and agree Kenneth does take good care of our guests at breakfast! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Independence.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Basically agree with some of the other reviewers on the average rating. No real negatives and would stay here again because it's a good value and close to the airport. Staff was friendly. Breakfast area a little to narrow and small for the numbers it handles. Seems like a bit older Fairfield.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I am glad we met your needs and look forward to you next visit to our area.