My husband and I stayed here three nights Labor Day weekend. When we checked in, Christopher was working the front desk. He was super friendly and helpful. (He was there each evening and always very nice.) I asked if the rooms had fridges, and he said some do, some do not, and if ours did not, he would try to find us one. Sure enough, our room did not, but he found a small one in storeage for us, that worked so well our drinks had ice in them. :-)
There were two college baseball teams staying at the hotel (including the Army team), but we never had any issues with noise. I am an extremely light sleeper, and I never once heard people outside our room or the hotel. (We were on the third (top) floor.)
We didn't love the polyester blend sheets, and the bed had a thin duvet only, no blankets. We did have five pillows (king-size bed), including two more firm ones, which is what we prefer. The mattress was comfortable, but everytime my husband did so much as move a leg, the whole thing bounced. It just was very "bouncy" and I did wake up a lot during the night when my husband would change positions in his sleep.
We requested no maid service the first day, and after 1:30pm the second day, and they were happy to comply. I spoke w/ one of the housekeepers and she was very friendly.
The free "hot" breakfast consists of make-your-own waffles, powdered eggs, and sausage patties. They also had cereal, bagels, muffins, apples, pineapple and cantaloupe, and they can provide gluten-free Chex if you ask. I stuck to food I had in my room (as I am GF), and my husband ate down there two of the three mornings we were there. He wasn't overly impressed, but it was free.
We paid $79 Fri and Sat night and $59 Sun night w/ our Friends & Family discount. I don't think the hotel is worth any more than that. I would have been disappointed in the quality of the hotel if we'd paid full price.
Starbucks is in the shopping center next door, so you can walk over. The 54th Street Grill and Bar restaurant next door was terrible, so we don't recommend it, just FYI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business and leisure guests know that Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence is the premier choice of Independence, MO hotels. We’re conveniently located just off I-70 and 291 near many businesses and attractions. Corporate guests stay minutes from Lafarge North America, Ford, Unilever, ATK, GE Transportation and Fike. We're adjacent to Independence Center Mall and close to Independence Event Center, the Harry S. Truman Museum, and the famous Harrah's Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Independence
- Fairfield Independence
- Independence Fairfield Inn