“Good find”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were driving back from Denver to Indiana and decided to stop in Independence, MO. We were on I-70 and this was right off the highway in a great area. The hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. There were a variety of restaurants and a shopping center near by.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write the nice review of our hotel! We are glad you had a pleasant stay and we lived up to our Guest Promises. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Independence area.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel was slightly dated but very clean and better than we expected for the insane deal we got on a travel site. However the one down fall was the front desk rep at check in. She was less and attentive or cordial. She hardly greeted us, continued to take phone calls all through out check in process resulting in a longer than expected check in. She was very unprofessional in the manor she spoke to us and gave us inaccurate directions to find out room. Our high light was Kenneth, the breakfast attendant. He certainly took pride in keeping the breakfast stocked and the area clean. He was very polite and made cordial conversation with us. The breakfast was also impressive for such an inexpensive hotel room. Over all I would recommend this hotel, and will likely stay here again when we visit the KC area. (location was great for getting anywhere on the MO side)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review of our Fairfield Inn. I apologzie that my front desk staff did not give the attention you deserve, and we expect, from our staff. Additional training has been given so other guests do not encounter the same experience.

I appreciate the positive input, especially concerning Kenneth our breakfast attendant. It is always nice to start the day with a smile as you enjoy breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you when you visit the Independence are in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have family in the KC area and wanted to visit the Harry Truman Library and chose this property due to my preference for Marriott and this being a more cost effective property. On the minus side, the front desk seemed to be rarely "manned". When we checked in, there was a sign on the desk saying "helping other guest" - well, it turns out the person was just in the back office and didn't notice us there. The room had a lack of electrical outlets which in this day and age is important to have. On the plus side, the bedding, towels, and free breakfast were good. The location is near MANY restaurants and shops and is close enough to KC (30 minutes) and the Truman Library (15-20 minutes). Overall, this was an average Fairfield that was functional and provided the stay we required.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for responding on TripAdvisor. Although we always appreciate our guests' input I apologize that we did not fulfill our promise to you. Our front desk staff does need to leave the desk to help guests and also occassionally perform other duties. I apologize that we were not staffed when you needed us.

I agree that we are a "typical" Fairfield Inn. Electrical outlets are an issue and Marriott is addressing the issue.

Again, thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. We always strive to keep the Fairfield Inn Promises to our guests. On your next visit our goal is to deserve a 4 or 5 rating for your stay by keeping our promises to you.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My 12 year old son and I spent two nights here while visiting to tour the Truman Library and WWI museum. The hotel is in a good location for visiting the Independence area. There are a number of restaurants within an easy drive and a mall close by.

The hotel staff were friendly and the hot and cold breakfast was perfectly adequate.

The pool and hot tub area were clean and the workout room was also clean and well kept.

I wish Marriott would use a higher grade of toilet paper. :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our area and have a good experience at our hotel. I hope you will stay with us when you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. I stayed with 6 other guests in 2 rooms, and let me tell you, the rooms are great! I love that the rooms that we had had a microwave and fridge. I also enjoyed the breakfast. I liked that they had a lot of different choices, including premade oatmeal. The pool was large and that made it easier to accommodate more people. I found it interesting that the whirlpool was taken out to make the pool larger. The service was absolutely excellent! The front desk brought towels whenever needed in the pool area and they were very kind. I especially want to thank Kim at the front desk, Elaine the general manager, and Kenneth in the breakfast room for their exceptional service. Thanks so much!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for the great review. It is always nice to hear from our guests; especially with such kind words. It is nice to know you made it home safe and sound. We look forward to seeing your when you are in our area in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Had a comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Nothing to complain about. Some one else objected to the internet speed but I had no problems. This was a business trip and this hotel met my expectations. Pretty good location with a nice restaurant within walking distance and fast food places 10 minutes away. I give it a high recommendation as I forgot a gold necklace in my room and the hotel cleaning staff turned it over to management and it was handed back to me without a problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jimpatjr
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. There is definitely a variety of restaurant options within minutes of our hotel and I am glad you enjoyed 54th Street Grill and Bar. I hope you will choose our hotel when traveling to the Independence area in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in a lot if Marriott properties and this is the first time that I have been disappointed. The hot tub was not in working order, which was fine. Although some of us was hoping to use it. When we got to our rooms, they were very hot. I turned the heat off & turned the air on. After several hours & turning the air down to 60 degrees, it was still hot & we had to open the window. Keep in mind, this was in January. But, to top it off. The next morning at breakfast, the dining room attendant was very rude & looked like he may have just been working in the garden. Don't get me wrong. All jobs are important but this guy didn't seem to have any pride in his job. He looked like he just crawled out of bed & slept in the dirty clothes that he wore to work. The only hot food was eggs & biscuits & gravy. When there was no gravy & one of us asked if there was going to be more, he was very rude. They had bananas as well but they looked like they had been there for a week & were black. I'm sorry to say that I don't think we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I am extremely sorry we did not live up to the standards you deserve, and we expect from our hotel. My maintenance engineer has been notified concerning the heat unit in the room you stayed. I have dealt with the person in our breakfast, and sincerely apologize for his appearance and attitude. These are NOT acceptable at this hotel. I hope you will give us aother chance when you are in the Independence area.

Elaine Rose, GM