“6 Miles Kaufman Stadium”

Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Tahoe City, California
“6 Miles Kaufman Stadium”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I traveled this past weekend to KC to see a Royals game and to take in some historical sights in Independence and downtown KC. This Fairfield Inn met my needs. It was a short drive to see the Royals game. This hotel is just off I-70 and an easy drive to and from Kaufman Stadium.

The room was absolutely quiet. That helped with a good night's rest. The rate is certainly attractive but do realize you've not a large room and the minimum of furnishings. But the A/C worked well and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very popular and attracted a large group of those in the inn. The only downside was the water pressure for the shower was barely enough to lather up and rinse off.

My next day's activities took me to the Truman Presidential Library. It took was a short drive away. If you've the time and interest, I strongly encourage a stop there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I apologize you had a problem with water pressure, but am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next traip to Independence.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. Kim was absolutely amazing. (easy to remember her name-- same as my wife's) I am not sure if she takes time off. Kim was at the desk almost every time we went there. We brought our little dog so she made sure that we got a room on the first floor close to the end so it would be easy access to walk him. I appreciate the fact that she put my wife's name on the room in case she needed a key and I was not with her. Kim was always smiling and cheerful. She sent us to dinner at Zio's. We did not even know there was one in K.C. She was knowledgeable about what restaurant were open on the 4th of July.
On Saturday and Sunday... breakfast was the normal for a Fairfield Inn, but what made it great was Kenneth. He does not just put the food out. He talked to us, cleared our table and asked if we needed anything else. He really entertained my children. This is big. When you are out with kids, every minute that someone else has their attention is time that my wife and I can have an adult conversation and not talk about Sponge Bob. Thank you Kenneth. I told Kenneth I was going to write this review. I like to keep my word so here it is. I tried getting Kenneth to come work for me, but he said if he moved from Missouri, it was back to Florida.
All in all the hotel needs some renovation, but the service level from Kim and Kenneth make up for any minor items. Sorry for the look review... but I just cannot contain how well this hotel worked for me. Do not look anywhere else, stay here!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for the compliments on Kim and Kenneth. We are proud of our staff and it is always nice to have positive feedback from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you when you are in the Independence area in the future.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 1 night at Fairfield Inn with our dog.
Sheena at the front desk is so friendly and helpful. It was a quick and easy check-in.
There were no more rooms on the first floor, so we were allowed to stay with our dog on another floor. Our room was near the elevator and was very clean and comfortable. Only complaint is the low water pressure in the shower and scratchy towels.
Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs and biscuits & gravy.
There were a couple of softball teams staying in the hotel and the breakfast area was very busy.
The breakfast attendant was amazing! He kept everything refilled and fresh.
Hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and I-70, but far enough off the road that you don't hear any of the traffic.
We will be back! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for yiour review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. The "new" Fairfield breakfast has been very popular.

It is nice to receive compliments on employees. Sheena and Kenneth both do an exceptional job taking care of our guests.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope you choose the Independence Fairfiield Inn when you return to the Independence area.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is in a great location, near many shopping and dining opportunities. You don't expect 5 starts with Fairfield, but I have been in better ones than this. You could tell that it was not it its best shape. The breakfast was lack luster and had limited options.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I appreciate you taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you had a comfortable stay, but apologize that our breakfast was not what you expected. The new Fairfield Inn breakfast has been very popular offering more protein and choices.
We thank you for staying with us and hope you stay again when in the Independence area.
Washington, MO
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We just returned from a short stay at the Fairfield Inn, Independence, MO. What a nice hotel with a great staff, especially Kim at the front desk and Kenneth who took great care of us at breakfast. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to KC.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I especially love seeing compliments concerning our staff.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great location to many things that we wanted to do in the area. Major mall at the Independence Center is a quarter of a mile away. There are many good restaurants that are close by as well an AMC 20 cinema. It is very close to I-70 which leads to Truman sports complex for Kansas City Royals baseball. One of the best genealogy libraries in the United States is located about 3 miles from here it is called the midcontinent genealogy library. Right across the street from the library is the Drumm golf course. It is an excellent 27 hole course which is very reasonably priced. The Harry S Truman Museum and Library are within 5 miles. The hotel staff is very helpful and polite in suggesting restaurants and giving us directions. The hotel is clean and the bed is very comfortable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. We appreciate you and are glad you enjoyed our hotel and the Independence area.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel itself was decent - it didn't quite live up to the Marriott name, but all in all, it was sufficient. They had a small indoor pool, which we didn't use, but it did look clean. There was free wifi, and it seemed to work pretty well. The free hot breakfast was not quite as described....there was sausage and powdered eggs, but no waffles, and it wasn't very good. Also, the breakfast ends at 0900, which I think is too early. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, and the location good. You have several restaurants, both fast food and sit down all within walking distance. You are also right next to a shopping center (Kohls, Ross, etc.) and a movie theater. All in all, it was a decent hotel, but they really do need to work on their breakfast. The staff were all very friendly, but I would probably choose to stay at the La Quinta near by next time, for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
We do appreciate your input. Marriott has taken the waffles off the menu for Fairfield Inns. We offer them occassionally but not on an everyday basis.

We hope you choose to stay with us again when you visit our area.