Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence
US$136
US$126
US$68
US$64
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
Best Western Truman Inn(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
Priceline
Comfort Suites Independence(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$107
Priceline
US$122
US$112
US$149
US$131
Travelocity
All reviewscars in the parking lotexercise roomcontinental breakfastrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancewould stay here againroom was clean and comfortabledeskbeddingwhirlpoolthermostat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I traveled this past weekend to KC to see a Royals game and to take in some historical sights in Independence and downtown KC. This Fairfield Inn met my needs. It was a short drive to see the Royals game. This hotel is just off I-70 and an easy drive to and from Kaufman Stadium.

The room was absolutely quiet. That helped with a good night's rest. The rate is certainly attractive but do realize you've not a large room and the minimum of furnishings. But the A/C worked well and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very popular and attracted a large group of those in the inn. The only downside was the water pressure for the shower was barely enough to lather up and rinse off.

My next day's activities took me to the Truman Presidential Library. It took was a short drive away. If you've the time and interest, I strongly encourage a stop there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I apologize you had a problem with water pressure, but am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next traip to Independence.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. Kim was absolutely amazing. (easy to remember her name-- same as my wife's) I am not sure if she takes time off. Kim was at the desk almost every time we went there. We brought our little dog so she made sure that we got a room on the first floor close to the end so it would be easy access to walk him. I appreciate the fact that she put my wife's name on the room in case she needed a key and I was not with her. Kim was always smiling and cheerful. She sent us to dinner at Zio's. We did not even know there was one in K.C. She was knowledgeable about what restaurant were open on the 4th of July.
On Saturday and Sunday... breakfast was the normal for a Fairfield Inn, but what made it great was Kenneth. He does not just put the food out. He talked to us, cleared our table and asked if we needed anything else. He really entertained my children. This is big. When you are out with kids, every minute that someone else has their attention is time that my wife and I can have an adult conversation and not talk about Sponge Bob. Thank you Kenneth. I told Kenneth I was going to write this review. I like to keep my word so here it is. I tried getting Kenneth to come work for me, but he said if he moved from Missouri, it was back to Florida.
All in all the hotel needs some renovation, but the service level from Kim and Kenneth make up for any minor items. Sorry for the look review... but I just cannot contain how well this hotel worked for me. Do not look anywhere else, stay here!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for the compliments on Kim and Kenneth. We are proud of our staff and it is always nice to have positive feedback from our guests.

We look forward to seeing you when you are in the Independence area in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed 1 night at Fairfield Inn with our dog.
Sheena at the front desk is so friendly and helpful. It was a quick and easy check-in.
There were no more rooms on the first floor, so we were allowed to stay with our dog on another floor. Our room was near the elevator and was very clean and comfortable. Only complaint is the low water pressure in the shower and scratchy towels.
Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs and biscuits & gravy.
There were a couple of softball teams staying in the hotel and the breakfast area was very busy.
The breakfast attendant was amazing! He kept everything refilled and fresh.
Hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and I-70, but far enough off the road that you don't hear any of the traffic.
We will be back! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for yiour review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. The "new" Fairfield breakfast has been very popular.

It is nice to receive compliments on employees. Sheena and Kenneth both do an exceptional job taking care of our guests.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope you choose the Independence Fairfiield Inn when you return to the Independence area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It is in a great location, near many shopping and dining opportunities. You don't expect 5 starts with Fairfield, but I have been in better ones than this. You could tell that it was not it its best shape. The breakfast was lack luster and had limited options.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I appreciate you taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you had a comfortable stay, but apologize that our breakfast was not what you expected. The new Fairfield Inn breakfast has been very popular offering more protein and choices.
We thank you for staying with us and hope you stay again when in the Independence area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We just returned from a short stay at the Fairfield Inn, Independence, MO. What a nice hotel with a great staff, especially Kim at the front desk and Kenneth who took great care of us at breakfast. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to KC.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Elaine R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kansas City Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I especially love seeing compliments concerning our staff.