“Like home away from home”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Reviewed 10 May 2013

It is not a four-diamond hotel, so don't expect that. We stayed in one of those the two previous nights and actually preferred this Crossland hotel over it. This Crossland was relaxing and like home away from home! Fully stocked kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink, counter space, cabinets, coffee maker, dishes, utensils..all CLEAN! It was an older TV, but sufficient. Wi fi was free, but slow for watching movies..ok for checking mail etc and you can bump the speed for a price. Plenty of Plugs by bed, in bathroom, in kitchen, by table...
CLEAN! Friendly staff. This Crossland is a great place and we will be returning!

Room Tip: Room 238 is at the mouth of the stairway on the second floor. We liked this because it was at the f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am thrilled to read your remarks about our hotel and staff. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at IDP@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Crossland in Independence is a great value. It's not a 5 star, but is adequate and the price is a knock out. Also the personnel, (especially Ginny at the front desk) are genuinely interested and helpful. If you want good value then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I chk in with my daughter, had to switch rooms, due to hair in tub, no dishes and room nt clean. No soap at all either. Then we went to another room, the paint was chipping from the tub, no dishes again. Remind you it says fully equip kitchen. Towels dirty and they gave me those from the frnt desk. I wouldn't waste my 50-60 dollars unless you have no choice...

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you were unhappy with your stay. Please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to develop an updated checklist, which will help our housekeeping team tackle cleaning our guest rooms moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Idp@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I checked into this hotel when I fired moved to Kansas City. I was hoping to find a place to rent but figured it would take up to a month. I ended up staying a week only.

I was quoted a price of $257/week or $221/week if I stayed a full month. I ended up finding a place in a week and moved out but somehow my bill was "adjusted" to $300 for the one week.

The rooms are really run down and dirty with a musty smell. There were cigarette burns in the comforter in my non smoking room. I had to go out get some air freshener the first night. The staff is friendly but not very helpful. Because I wasn't there as long as I expected I asked the desk person if they would hold my package which was in route to me there. They stated they would call me when it came in so I could come pick it up. They did not. They just returned it to sender.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at this motel for a few nights, but it also is available for long-term stays. It has an excellent little kitchenette, including a mini refrigerator and an electric range. It is easily accessible from I-70, just a short distance to Kauffman Stadium, a five minute drive to the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, and only 15 minutes or so from downtown Kansas City. It needs a little upkeep (the shower curtain drooping and the carpet was frayed), and it doesn't provide all the usual amenities (no cups, hand towels, or shampoo provided). But it was very comfortable and reasonably priced. Th

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Staff will never return calls. Broke items in room and not very clean bathroom ceiling was horrible. Cheap though but not worth the money. Look around you can get a better deal in a clean place for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013
vguerke, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that a member of our staff never returned your phone calls nor was your room properly cleaned for your arrival. In response to your feedback, I am changing the process on how rooms are inspected prior to another individual checking in. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at idp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

The good; it was only 6 miles from downtown KC... Very easy to get to from I-70... Plenty of places to eat and shop... The room was clean and the shower was new.

The bad; not the best area... a recordng came thru a loud speaker at night saying something about "this building under video security" it woke me up every night. The TV volume would not turn down all the way. I had to put duct tape on the speakers to lower the volume. The sheets could have been a little softer, kinda felt like paper. the mini fridge was not the in the best location in the mini kitchen. To many dogs, and in the room next to me, the dog kept wimpering if the master was not home. But, "you get what you pay for" right!

Room Tip: just remember... It's only $29.99... that's what i paid anyway. Stay on the floor... less no...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
vguerke, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances. In response to your feedback, I am checking all of the laundry machines to make sure the correct amount of detergent and softener are being distributed to make sure our linens are fresh and soft as well as checking on our security vendor to see if they can reduce the volume of their evening announcement. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at idp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#16 of 18 in Independence
10 mi away
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Best Western Truman Inn
Best Western Truman Inn
#6 of 18 in Independence
Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!