“Excellent Stay fro the price!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Haughton, Louisiana
“Excellent Stay fro the price!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We ended up here through Hotwire.com. This is an Extended Stay Property. The price was great but we found out if we'd asked for a military rate it would've been even cheaper. Regardless, it was a nice stay. Very quiet property. We had a queen bed. The TV was small so don't look for a 32" flat screen, but cable was great. Wi-Fi was fast and easy to connect. The room was pretty small a bit tight for 2 people.
The Staff (Ginnie-night shift/Ginny-day shift...true names) were very friendly, of course I arrived in the wee hours so we had to call an attendant to come check us in; however, she was there in seconds. At 3am she (Ginnie) was cordial as she could be-very impressive. Room had a fridge and stove, dishes...everything you need. The bathrooms are small and the beds-a bit outdated but again it was worth the price and did what it was intended to do.
It seemed as though they had made updates to the property in other areas, just not the area we stayed in. I would surely recommend it if your passing through and I will stay there again. I stayed at an ext Stay property last year and had a horrible experience. That time it was by choice. I was not pleased to find that I had bargained and got Extended Stay property, but I can honestly say I was VERY pleased this go round.
Thank you Crossland/Extended Stay America

Room Tip: This is a good area. Walmart, grocery store (with a starbucks in it :), fast food-all right around t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with great customer service. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our free cable and wifi. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel was great! We were traveling through to KC for Memorial Day weekend and EVERY hotel was booked. We found this one on a hotel website, called and was reserved for the night within minutes.

There was no hassle, the staff was very friendly and attentive.

It was an older hotel renovated to a more modern appeal. The renovations were decently done and the room was more than comfortable. Although a tad small.

Bathrooms were nice and clean. Not much space for items though.

Kitchen was fully operating from what we can tell. Didn't use anything other than the fridge.

We will definitely stay here again! The value was great! 60 bucks!

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about us. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks again and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 May 2013

It is not a four-diamond hotel, so don't expect that. We stayed in one of those the two previous nights and actually preferred this Crossland hotel over it. This Crossland was relaxing and like home away from home! Fully stocked kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink, counter space, cabinets, coffee maker, dishes, utensils..all CLEAN! It was an older TV, but sufficient. Wi fi was free, but slow for watching movies..ok for checking mail etc and you can bump the speed for a price. Plenty of Plugs by bed, in bathroom, in kitchen, by table...
CLEAN! Friendly staff. This Crossland is a great place and we will be returning!

Room Tip: Room 238 is at the mouth of the stairway on the second floor. We liked this because it was at the f...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Beverly - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am thrilled to read your remarks about our hotel and staff. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at IDP@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Crossland in Independence is a great value. It's not a 5 star, but is adequate and the price is a knock out. Also the personnel, (especially Ginny at the front desk) are genuinely interested and helpful. If you want good value then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I chk in with my daughter, had to switch rooms, due to hair in tub, no dishes and room nt clean. No soap at all either. Then we went to another room, the paint was chipping from the tub, no dishes again. Remind you it says fully equip kitchen. Towels dirty and they gave me those from the frnt desk. I wouldn't waste my 50-60 dollars unless you have no choice...

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you were unhappy with your stay. Please accept our apologies. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to develop an updated checklist, which will help our housekeeping team tackle cleaning our guest rooms moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Idp@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I checked into this hotel when I fired moved to Kansas City. I was hoping to find a place to rent but figured it would take up to a month. I ended up staying a week only.

I was quoted a price of $257/week or $221/week if I stayed a full month. I ended up finding a place in a week and moved out but somehow my bill was "adjusted" to $300 for the one week.

The rooms are really run down and dirty with a musty smell. There were cigarette burns in the comforter in my non smoking room. I had to go out get some air freshener the first night. The staff is friendly but not very helpful. Because I wasn't there as long as I expected I asked the desk person if they would hold my package which was in route to me there. They stated they would call me when it came in so I could come pick it up. They did not. They just returned it to sender.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
York, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at this motel for a few nights, but it also is available for long-term stays. It has an excellent little kitchenette, including a mini refrigerator and an electric range. It is easily accessible from I-70, just a short distance to Kauffman Stadium, a five minute drive to the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, and only 15 minutes or so from downtown Kansas City. It needs a little upkeep (the shower curtain drooping and the carpet was frayed), and it doesn't provide all the usual amenities (no cups, hand towels, or shampoo provided). But it was very comfortable and reasonably priced. Th

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
Best Western Truman Inn
Days Inn Independence
#17 of 18 in Independence
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-70 East
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!