“All we wanted was a clean room”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“All we wanted was a clean room”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We booked our room through hotwire, never have had a problem before. After a long day of driving all my friend a I wanted to do was sleep. We arrive around 2am, check in went smoothly no complaints. Our room was in the back of the building, we were trying to find our room from the car but the numbers are very hard to read. We found our room and luckily my friend always checks the mattress because there was a dead bug under it! We decided right then there was no way we were staying there. As we grab our bag we found another bug, alive, about an inch long lying on it's back is the "kitchen" area! We left right away and we to another place that was clean.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Stephanie - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay with us. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We will be working with our pest control provider to address the issue and to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We invite you to contact us, at Idp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is getting old. They offer basic kitchenettes. You need to bring everything - Coffee, sugar, ice. No breakfast is included. We stayed here 2 nights during a 2 week trip from New Mexico to Ohio.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were not aware of our amenities available at the front desk and that you felt that our property is dated; however, we are glad that you appreciated our level of cleanliness. We have met with our front desk staff, and we will make sure that our guests are fully informed about our available amenities during check-in.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact us, at Idp@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 June 2014

On budget this is the place good for you. I booked on hotwire.com the hotel was reveal after I pay online... what a good deal! I notice shady people hanging outside not good! This is a outdated motel no flat screen TV. Good for single men or couples. Not for family with children.

Room Tip: Budget motel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize if you did not feel comfortable due to individuals outside of our property. I will be meeting with our staff to discuss this issue. Still, it is great to hear that you were satisfied with your stay overall. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kansas City
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My original reservation was for 2 Queen beds on the ground floor (I have a knee injury), @ check-in, I was told they didn't have a room like that available only a King bed with a big oil stain on the carpet they would discount for me (carpet was scheduled to be replaced the next week). While I had requested a room on the BACK of the property, the location was right next door to rooms occupied by LOUD construction workers and would not do. The Manager did work with me on finding me a room that would work @ no extra charge. I ended up on
the 2nd floor anyway. Just wished the employee who made original reservation hadn't screwed it up.
Also DIDN'T care much for having to put up a $100.00 "deposit" (I did get back) because I paid cash......I DON'T DAMAGE OR DESTROY PROPERTY......

• Stayed June 2014
Patricia - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we did not meet your expectations with the requested accommodations and the noise levels. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we are making sure that your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at Idp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop here on our way to Branson....pretty sure this is a popular spot for folks who get kicked out of public housing or released from prison....our room smelled like wet dog, mildew, and smoke....carpet was dirty...and lots of shady people just hanging out who had obviously made this place thier temporary home and not in a good way...leaving this tenement housing after nine minutes and continuing down the road is the best $40 I ever wasted!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room had an odor and the carpet didn't appear to be clean. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be reviewing cleanliness standards with my housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that you did not feel comfortable at our location. We work very hard to make sure our hotel is safe. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at Idp@extendedstay.com, should you have any further feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This property could use a good scrubbing, coat of paint, carpet...oh and while you're at it, new walls, siding, beds, furniture...oh heck, remodel the place and be done with it. I seriously NEVER leave negative reviews, but these folks need to see this. I have stayed in "economy" Motels that looked like luxury hotels compared to this. You can do better! Plus, a $100 deposit at check-in? Why don't they just keep a card on file? Why doesn't it say anything about that on their site? Are they afraid someone will steal the 1980's TV in the room? I USUALLY stay in 2-star rooms...this one didn't earn either of its stars.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any good rooms. Not going back to find out.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we continually work to improve our hotel and guests' experience.

I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at Idp@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel all over the country for work and stay at Extedned Stay's most of the time and most are really good.This chain is owned by them and is in the worst condition that i have seen. The building needs an uplift bad but the rooms were clean but needs to be updated badly. the TV's are very small box type and the beds are old.(But they were changing the mattresses out as they get them in) The women at the desk were pretty good and had knowledge of the area but the men that worked the desk were a very bad joke. They could not answer anything or even book rooms correctly. The worst part of this motel is they charge a $100 deposit upfront and it didn't matter if you were there a day or a week.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you found our location to be outdated and that your room did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continually work to improve our hotel. As well, I am sorry that you found some of our staff members to be unhelpful. In direct response to your review, I will be meeting with my staff to review check-in procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Idp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Independence
BEST WESTERN Truman Inn
#14 of 18 in Independence
Super 8 Independence Kansas City
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Kansas City

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!