Melanting Cottages & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Damai(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
The Hamsa Bali Resort(Lovina Beach)
  • Pool
Lovinalife(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
Lovina Beach Hotel(Lovina Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewswooden cottagesfamily roomstayed two nightsbeautiful viewenjoyed our stayjunglewaterfallvillagebalconymountainsbalitranquilitynaturebugstreksunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Finally, we got away from the busy Ubud. Up in the mountain this was a beautiful place to relax. The stag is very friendly an they are happy to comply with any requests. One side note, munduk does not have very much to offer so if you are searching for activities it might become boring. Everything else is great.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
melanting c, Manager at Melanting Cottages & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Reviewed 15 August 2013

the hotel was fantastic, the atmosphere is comfortable to rest and enjoy nature and the freshness of the air, I see innovation in this hotel then in trying to do by the hotel, from the rooms, the garden, and also the food, the better, I am very satisfied to stay here, staff who are friendly and also smiling, and help ..... food every morning in the dining maknan serve traditional, the result of a truly fantastic stempat area, from hotels that I've stayed in the area Munduk, toss is always a change that makes me not saturated. waterfall that is close, but the road to the waterfall is less well preserved. quite dangerous, especially a variety of foods that I have special meals are presented by staff that he will be selling the future .... really fantastic...

Room Tip: room 8 nice view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2013

There is about 15 wooden cottages in this place, each with wonderfull view from the terrace. The price for a cottage is realy adequate. Around is a wonderfull garden, each cottage has good privacy. The food was good, but not special and litle overpriced. It is a good idea to go down to the village to have a meal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Petr83

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Melanting cottages is at the higher end of Munduk, so if you decided to walk to the village as we did it is all up very steep hills on the way backup. This is OK if you are young and fit, however I was travelling with elderly parents. The staff had mentioned the village is about a 10 minute walk down the main road but it was more like 45 mins for us as it was very steep and we had to walk carefully.
Like us there is now way back as there is no taxi’s. We were lucky that a driver coming from Singaraja decided to stop and see if we needed a lift...What a godsend as I think it would have taken us a day and a half to get back up the hill.

The cottages are lovely for a weekend away or a couple of days as there is not much else apart from walking tracks. We did a day trip to Lovina and Singaraja which was about an hour and a half away and you also have the lake at Bedugal which is about 30 minutes away.

The views and mist are beautiful from the cottage veranda’s, and if you are lucky you will get to see the sunset which last about 6 minutes, so be quick with the camera.
It does become cooler at night time about 15 deg, so I asked for an extra blanket which the staff were happy to provide.

There are tea and coffee making facilities but there is not fridge in the cottages. The staff kindly offered to have our items put in the restraint fridge.
The wifi is very poor but is to be expected so high in the mountains, Bali is not known for the best internet services anyway. I did however manage to use 3G sometimes.

I would say it would normally be a very peaceful and relaxing place however we were there in June and there was some construction going on in the cabins below. As we sat on our veranda’s enjoying the view a planer or electric saw was being used in the cabins below which was a bit disappointing as it went for most of the daylight hours. If this was not happening it would be very tranquil.

There are some walks to a waterfall close by however I would not recommend this for elderly as it is quite slippery and pathways are uneven. Also you need to be careful of the tiling under the cottages as with the mist and evening rain can become quite slippery. My mother slipped over one morning on the way back from breakfast. I would also recommend the cottage nearer the restaurant for elderly as it is quite steep and hilly to some of the cottages.

Overall I would recommend Melanting cottages for a relaxing stay

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the restaurant for elderly. Be careful of the tiles under cottages when wet. Ask for extra blanket at night time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klynn68

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

The cottage we stayed in (no 8) had a verandah with great views over the lowlands to the ocean. Beautiful gardens and the cottages are well spaced. A bit of construction / renovations was happening when we were there (mid June 2013) but otherwise everything was great. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Food wise, there's cheaper, tastier and more generous meals in Munduk than at this place and it's well worth a trip out for dinner especially if you have a scooter.

• Stayed: June 2013