“North Bali's 'Lord of the Rings' Scenery and Great Pork Spare Ribs”

Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Munduk
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The perfect spot to gather for breakfast, lunch and dinner with fresh and healthy flavored. In a cool, calm and living environment . We take credit card payement / we offer free transport from Munduk, Wanagiri.( min. 2 persons) Balinese and international restaurant located in the green hills of lake Tamblingan,in quiet rural village with amazing scenery of the Tamblingan, lake and sea shore. It also has two affordable luxury accommodation set in cool mountain air of Munduk north Bali.
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“North Bali's 'Lord of the Rings' Scenery and Great Pork Spare Ribs”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Terrasse du Lac is perched on a mountain peak, not far from Munduk, and offering breath-taking views of Lake Tamblingan and the village below. You feel like you are sitting in the clouds. The proprietors, Suzanne and Made, helped my wife and I arrange a four-hour guided walking trek around the volcanic lakes which was just beautiful. The haunting forest and rainforest mountain vegetation was like a spiritual experience and we expected hobbits, orcs and fairies to leap out of the trees at any moment. Our trek guide, Wayan, said he walked the same forest paths for two hours each way when going to school when he was just 10 years old. Our trek ended with a canoe paddle across the crystal surface of Lake Tamblingan - unforgettable. We had lunch at Terrasse du Lac afterwards, and I had Made's special pork ribs, which were utterly delicious. If you want an eco-tourist's nature and environment experience, I would heartily recommend visiting Terrasse du Lac, doing a trek and enjoying their wonderful food. An all-round fantastic day in North Bali, showing a side of the Island that few tourists take the trouble to see. Excellent.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RossOwen60
Suzytraversy, Owner at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for your beautiful comments about our region and about you're experience with us. We hope to see you very soon.

• Czech first
Los Angeles, California
“Serene and delicious”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Amazing view, incredibly charming hosts, and home made delicious food all priced very reasonably. This place and the surrounding region were so much more authentic and real than the Southern part of Bali I visited earlier in my trip. If I go back, I'm going straight to Munduk to hang with Suzanne and Made!

• Visited April 2014
Suzytraversy, Owner at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear David, it was so nice meeting you and have those long chat. Thanks for your comments we appreciate that you took the time and we also enjoy your time with us. We can not wait to see you again, good luck with all your projects.
Perth
“Wonderful Hosts, free transport”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

After reading the previous reviews we had very high expectations The Tempura Battered Eggplant which we shared as an entree was delicious and very original however 3 of the 4 mains were disappointing and just an average meal. The hostess and her husband were very attentive and accommodating. We did go for dinner and were the only ones there. If we return to Munduk we will certainly retry this restaurant and go for lunch as I think we did not get the full experience of the location.

• Visited March 2014
Suzytraversy, Owner at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Hello, first let me thank you for taking time to write your comments about the restaurant. I am sorry that you did not enjoy fully your dinning experience with us, our comments are very valuable and well taken, but I am sorry that you did not take time to tell us this while you where here so we could offer you something else if you're not completely satisfied, I make a point of going back to the table a few time during the meal to make every one in enjoying their meal. I hope you can join us again so you can fully enjoy the breathtaking view and the full atmosphere of the restaurant, this time of the year is the low season so since we are located in a very rural village it can be a bit quiet. And I am happy you also got to enjoy the free transport, that way every one can joined us for a meal without having to pay to get here.
We hope to see you again and experience every thing this restaurant has to offer
Suzanne Traversy
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great Stop”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a little restaurant on top of a big hill overlooking a beautiful lake and definitely worth a stop. Suzanne, the hostess, couldn't have been friendlier and more welcoming, taking me on a little tour of their garden and prayer room in back of the hotel. The food emphasized the extraordinarily fresh and tasty local produce, with good local wines at affordable prices.

All this - great food, great service, and great views - and we learned at the end it was her birthday. Thanks for sharing it with us and good luck; you should have great success with this restaurant!

Visited March 2014
Suzytraversy, Owner at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Thank you so much guys for our comments, it was really great getting to know you and listening to some of your travels this past year. You where great customers so relax and happy. If you ever come back to Bali, I hope you can join us again. Farewell and we wish many happy traveling !
Flemington, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolute Perfection!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travel all over the world and was in Bali for a company sponsored Habitat for Humanity event. During a meeting with the Habitat for Humanity organizers, they suggested we meet for lunch at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari. What an incredible experience! It's hard to know where to start with my description as everything about the restaurant, the food, the view and owner Suzanne Traversy was absolutely amazing. The restaurant was white glove clean, the view was spectacular, the food presentation was better than anything in a five star restaurant, and the food itself was delicious and plentiful. Suzanne is a charming, down to earth hostess who does everything in her power to make sure her customers are well taken care of and satisfied.
Although this was my only visit to Suzanne's restaurant, my group and I were fortunate to have Suzanne cater our lunch for all four days we were participating in a Habitat for Humanity build site. After working hard all morning, there was nothing better to reinvigorate ourselves with a delicious home cooked meal.
Although the restaurant is approximately 3 hours from the airport in Bali and Denpasar, it is worth the drive just to eat at the restaurant. Although Bali in general is inexpensive, I was almost embarrassed to pay such a small amount for one of the best meals I've ever had.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tim900
Suzytraversy, Owner at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear M. Tim, we could not ask for a better review and taking part in another Habitat project was a pleasure for us. The group came from all over the world to take part voluntary in this humane project is unbelievable. To bring warm soup and catered to a bunch of hard working people is what we are meant to do. The team at Terrasse du Lac Tamblingan Sari are really happy that we could provide meals for your group and that everyone enjoyed it. It was our pleasure also having you and your guest at the restaurant . We hope you will come again to see us, maybe next time on vacation.
Take care, it was very nice meeting you and thank you for trusting us and doing business with us.
Best regards,