Adiwana Dara Ayu Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Pondok Nyoman(Bedugul)
View Hotel
All reviewsstepping stonesrice terracesprivate poolpicnic lunchcandle lit dinnerhoneymoon packagedaily breakfastpaddy fieldsparadise on earthexcellent resortremote locationamazing viewsa wonderful stayshort driveamazing placethe hotel offersspa treatments
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First impression is really beautiful..and the staff are helpful
But too many facilities are not available,I can't even connect the wifi! Can't find any restaurant nearby,the food of hotel are taste less and pricely ,the shuffle service to the ubud down town are way too expensive,but stay at hotel are nothing to do,so we got no choice,so we willing to paid the money get off here
I was while waiting my dinner at a movie room 1st night ,but suddenly have a voles run into the room,i been shock for awhile!!i have left the note when I book the villas at agoda,the day is my husband birthdays,and we are going for honey moon,the manager did help a lot ,which I appreciated
Not aircon at room
And not microwave,not refrigerator in the room
Lack of lighting,kinda scarely
Cause we when get out the hotel have see a snake,and when we back around 9pm,is really too dark,the security used spot light to help us back into villas
The staff are helpful,but they can do nothing actually
I will not come back again
Too many facilities are visible,is boring up there

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Geogie87
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Dara Ayu embodies the peace, tranquility and sanctuary of the Balinese mountains. Well away from the hussle and bussle of Ubud this property provides a little bit of luxury with a lot of heart and soul. The team at Dara Ayu went out of their way to make my stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Set amoungst beautiful winding paths and watergardens with the jungle and rice terraces for a back-drop Dara Ayu is like exhaling a long deep breath. I cannot recommend the Village Hike highly enough, Tikka was a very fantastic host and guide. Have a massage, relax by the pool, use it as a base to explore the surrounding mountainside. Tikka arranged to take me to Ubud and to a number of galleries which were excellent. The food is good and quickly prepared, some of the produce comes directly from the Dara Ayu gardens. The rice terrace surrounding the property is a working concern with inhabitants throughout the surrounding jungle - very easy to lose a couple of hours just watching the comings and goings of daily life. This is a property I would definitely return to. Oh and the beds - by which I judge all hotels - were just heavenly.

Room Tip: The suite with the plunge pool is, I think, the pick of the rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kts17
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Passing through the wooden gates at the entrance to this property is to leave the busy bustling Bali behind and to enter another world.

There is a long path winding down the beatifully landscaped hillside to the main building, and while negotiating the stepping stones, every sense is engaged . An impression of moving from the material world to a better place is heightened by the sound of waterfalls, the colour of tropical flowers, the fresh smell of clean mountain air. This is further heightened by the body awareness needed to negotiate the path despite the distraction of impeccably authentic landscaping, numerous meditation spaces and Balinese statues nestled into various spaces.

As you enter the main building, the enormity of the full panorama of a secluded valley of rice paddies and tropical jungle is revealed. Lush green beautifully contoured paddies, fruit trees, and meandering paths begging to be explored and followed all the way down to the river at the very bottom of the valley.

The day prior to our arrival, my husband came down with the dreaded Bali belly and was unable to explore, however our room opened out to an unsurpassed view over the valley to the distant mountains, and if he had to be laid up, at least he could feast his eyes.

I spent my time swimming in the pool, doing yoga in the gym, walking all around, absorbing the atmosphere and trying to store the sheer pleasure of being in such a place in my mind to carry home with me. The owners, Dave and Klara were obviosly very proud of what they had built and the staff, all from the local village, whilst a little unsure of western tastes in service, seemed to take real pleasure in making our stay a happy one.

For a time of peace and rejuvenation there could be no more perfect place.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a "best" room. They're all just great.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil W
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you are searching for a place that provides serenity and tranquility, Dara Ayu is the place to be. Located far away from the hectic city nothing can go wrong.

Upon arrival we were surprised to see the location of the villa and I was preparing for the worst. However when we get to our rooms I was stunned by the amazing view. Green everywhere, certainly a beautiful sight and I can't get enough.

Their staff are helpful and even more importantly, friendly. I was being told that their philosophy is "staff and customers are family". If there's things that I would like them to fix are, their internet connection and channels available on the television.

Internet connection seems not to be working while some channels on the television seems no longer available. But with such beautiful sight who would need those?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rashidi-zin
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had our 3 best days at Dara Ayu! We travelled all Bali with 3 children (6, 8 and 10) and they also loved the stay.

The staff is really helpful, not in a way that they try to sell you all kinds of stuff, but they just want to make you feel that Dara Ayu is all about your wellbeing.

Room Tip: If you travel with children, let them know in advance and then you can book the "family room", which is 2 separate bungalows that are next to each other. Beatiful panorama view, your own infinity pool and lovely outdoor bath =)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family