“Nice Villa in Ubud but Cheap”
Review of Umah Lu'ung

Umah Lu'ung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice Villa in Ubud but Cheap”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I enjoy staying at this villa, as it was private villa with nice outdoor pool, silence here was very good for meditation. The weather is abit cold so made me and hubby felt so romantic spending quality time here, especially when it was rainy day so you do not need Air Conditioner. Villa surrounding is nice with many trees and rice terrace like a green velvet. The staffs are friendly and gave us guidance if you plan a trip to a new place. However it was lack of breakfast menu and we are abit bothered the smell of cattle sheds belonging to village people surrounding the villa and many mosquitos in the night time.

Room Tip: It has three rooms only and i would prefer for the room which close to the pool and guest room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The location was a bit a far and (very) secluded. It takes around 15 minutes drive from Ubud city center (hanoman st and monkey forest st). When you pass through the main road and you come across an intersection, where turning left will take you to Como Shambala, Umah Lu'ung is on the right. The road is small, fit for one car only. Which I don't mind at all on this situation. What I do find a bit disturbing was that there is no sign of Umah Lu'ung on the main road. So, at first it was a bit difficult to find this villa.
Once you pass through the rice field, at the end of the road, you'll find this villa. Not so amazing in the front. But, take a good look inside and the villa.....it was marvellous. It was all I've ever dream of for a competitive price villa at Ubud area.

The room in the villa that I stayed was amazingly spacious an unique. A walk in closet in the open bathroom. Outdoor and indoor shower, a bathtub...what more can you ask of a bathroom?

The villa has a terrace overlooking lush greenery trees and a glimpse of rice terrace in the distance. A day bed, a big comfy day bed overlook the infinity pool was to die for. I can imagine my self reading book and fall asleep due to the calmness and serenity of the atmosphere.

A word of caution to you who hates bugs and insects. Since this villa is very much close to nature, at night there are a lot of flying insects. But, nothing worries me. I am also not a big fan of insects. But, mostly harmless and not disturbing.

I can imagine myself stayed in Ubud for quite sometime in this villa. I had the most nicest sleep in Umah Lu'ung.

For a price they offered, it is a real bargain. I only hope that the price won't be up at any time soon. Since I will and I am gonna back to this villa very soon. :-)

Room Tip: the first villa near the pool was the best choice. Near the main villa where you can relax watch tv...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank alexanderdendol
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We spent two weeks over the Christmas holidays in this amazing villa and enjoyed every moment! Strong points: the rooms are five star (each one have a private entrance, are very spacious and have a luxury bathroom), the king size beds are very comfortable and the sheets felt crispy clean every day. The surrounding nature is stunning and from our bed we could enjoy the view of the rice paddies with no other construction in sight. The pool is beautifully integrated in the house, feels like a lagoon more than a swimming pool! The staff is friendly and always available to help out, day or night. They keep the house spotless (even though a few more towels would have been appreciated - we only had two per bungalow). Breakfast (included in the price) is abundant, tasty and you can choose between four or five different menus each day.
Weaker points: there are no restaurants or shops at walking distance, so you definitely need a car or a motorbike to get around. Ubud is a 10/15 minute DRIVE from the house (walking is NOT an option). The price of the villa included one drop off to and from Ubud every day, but if you want to come and go from town more than once in the same day, you have to pay extra or organize your own trasportation (taxis are widely available). We would have liked to be a little closer to Ubud because riding a motorcycle for 15 minutes on the appalling Balinese roads can be a little tricky, especially at night. Basically, if you like the idea of being isolated, this is the place for you. If, on the other hand, you want to enjoy all that Ubud has to offer, you might want to consider something closer to town. The house manager, Made, who is extremely friendly and kind, claims to be a "guide" too, but when we used his services to visit the island, we felt he was a little unsure of where he was going and he kept on trying to take us to all the classic tourist spots (including tourist-trap shops). Anything outside of the beaten track is pretty unknown to him. Plus, I would expect a real guide to give some info on the places we were visiting, instead of just dropping us off and letting us walk around alone. We ended up finding our own way around the island, which was cheaper and more efficient.
All in all, it was a wonderful holiday. The beauty of the house, combined with the staff's friendliness made every moment a special one! We thank the entire Umah Llung staff for their extreme kindness, their discretion and their availablity to help us in any occasion. We recommend this villa without hesitation.

Room Tip: There are four bungalows: ask for the two that are closer to the pool (larger and better located). I...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MarziaAnna
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

i've traveled with my friends, there was Fabulous, amazing view with the genuine nature surrounded... in the morning when I opened my eyes, I saw the most Beautiful sunrise direct through the windows of my room. Amazing . . . I miss this place already. . .
Spacious room, with Television, DVD, Fridge, the Big Bathroom (like a room), actually I need just 10minutes to take a bath, but here i was take a bath approximately 45minutes.... :)
I Fond this place....
I think u need to come here, It's a MUST. . .
Loveliest place EVER!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We (11 persons) spent an amazing four days at Villa Umah Lunng. From day one we were looked after very well by the wonderful staffs. We felt throughout our stay that in fact the quality of the staff is a major strength of the Villa. They love their job and always go the extra mile with a bright smile. Suyasa has been a great communicator, answering all our questions promptly, especially the WiFi problem. Madi is a fantastic organizer, housekeeper and other nice staffs. They were amazing at helping us relax, taking care of things without being intrusive. Thank you! The villa is beautiful. We like the private, surrounded by all nature, fresh air, firefly, the starry night... the pool water is cool but fun… All you can see is the beautiful nature rice paddy, forest, the friendly staffs. You can hear the wind, the cows, the rooster and birds, pigs, simile… We will go to come back again surely! Will miss you all!

Room Tip: don't forget to bring flash
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ocean L
Reviewed 29 July 2013

we are mesmerized by the view and the greenery surroundings. Beautiful villa with huge windows, opens up to fresh air and very pretty view. And also very serene. Pool was great too.
Very spacious room/villa (perhaps if they change air conditioner to a newer one would be nice, it can be a bit warm with blanket at night). Large bath area inside the villa/room. Breakfast was good (the coffee was great).
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
You are going to need to rent a car or at least a motorcycle to get around from here.

We loved our stay at Umah Lu'ung, totally worth the price, and definitely will go back & suggest this place to our friends :)

Only one thing : the pin placed for this villa in google maps was wrong & misleading. Just go straight ahead from Jalan Kedawetan & Jalan Sayan, turn right once you see Como shambala sign edge at the left side of the road.

Room Tip: ask for the villa/room close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Titis2404
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I fell in love with the private, welcome homy feeling of Umah Lu'ung...
the lovely villas surrounded by all nature, bedrooms are spacious with indoor and outdoor shower under the stars... dining room is cozy.. the pool is small but clean.. the staffs are helpful and very friendly!
you can hear the wind, the cows, the rooster and birds in the morning, so if you like the idea this is the perfect place for you

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payangan
Ayung Resort Ubud
Villa Bayad
Villa Bayad
#192 of 536 in Ubud
Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Been to Umah Lu'ung? Share your experiences!