1) Quiet, hidden away from the busy tourist crowds, ideal place to just chill.
2) Food is amazingly delicious. Try the Balinese meals - I recommend the Balinese pork ribs.
3) Service is top notch, most staff can speak some English. Everyone smiles, and service is discreet.
4) Beautiful scenery, well kept gardens and the most awesome museum pieces at the lobby.
5) Beds and pillows are of high quality - Had one of my best sleeps ever while on holiday.
1) Not near Ubud Central, definitely not within walking distance so the hotel shuttle/private driver is a must.
2) Expect to pay more for top notch food - USD $50 per pax for ala carte Appetizer, Soup, Main Course and Beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ayung Resort is a breathtaking, mystique and unique lifestyle hotel, perched high up on the bank of a mostly untouched tropical mountain rainforest gorge, in the traditional Balinese village of Payangan Ubud, surrounded by the gentle, spiritual tranquility and pace of Balinese life. Along this serene 8 hectares rain forest domain runs The Ayung, Bali’s most sacred mountain river. In the rocks of the hotels pathways and along it’s 600 meters long riverbank fronting the Ayung Resort, 250 of the finest Balinese Stone Carvers have painstakingly worked,for over a 2 year period,to carve the spectacular Hindu mythologies, Ramayana and Mahabharata amongst others. These stone carvings have become the most sought after photo opportunity of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ayung Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayung Resort Ubud Bali/Payangan