Ayung Resort Ubud
Alila Ubud(Payangan)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,018 results
All reviewssita wingdeer parkrock carvingsthe rivercomplimentary mini bargolf buggiesafternoon teabreakfast and dinnera la cartemorning yogaprivate poolfree shuttleminute drivehigh teabeautiful surroundingsamazing hotelamazing food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My stay at Ayung Resort was not planned. It was a last minute pit stop and I wish that I had been able to spend more time there. The resort was beautiful, the owners collect art and showcase their art pieces throughout the entire resort. The restaurant had the most gorgeous view and the breakfast and dinner was by far the best meal I had while I was traveling throughout Thailand, Singapore and Bali. Last but not least the staff.. my friend and I teared up because of how beautiful and hard working the staff at Ayung are. They were more than accommodating for all our needs and wants. Small details such as "good night treats" being sent to the room before bed and knowing both my friend and I's name upon arrival are only a few details that made our stay magical.

I will be back.. for a much longer stay.

Complete paradise!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank skaszab
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at the Ayung Resort Ubud and could not fault the resort at all. The location of the hotel was amazing and so peaceful. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was so relaxing.

The hotel and staff were lovely and helpful and the food was also incredible.

The views from the restaurant were unbelieveable - almost like a backdrop they were so perfect.

I would definitely recommend to friends and stay again. Love Bali!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rachc1312
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights including during Nyepi and have to say the service here from the staff was the most impeccable I have experienced both within South East Asia and within Bali, and I say that in comparison to stays at many comparatively rated hotels.

Nothing was too much trouble and the staff from reception were great and managed to accommodate changes to my schedule efficiently and with ease. I was even given a free upgrade.
The room was spacious, very comfortable with a pristinely clean and designed bathroom.

The breakfast was superb with a delicious array of beautifully presented, a la carte choices to suit all tastes. Dinner menus were varied too, ranging from both fine western and Indonesian dining to stone baked pizzas with a fantastic accompanying wine cellar selection to choose from. The cocktail list was extensive too and the few I tried were delicious. Complimentary afternoon tea was a delightful touch.

I used the fitness centre too and it had very up to date equipment.

If I had to make one criticism, I would suggest do not book a full or part day tour driver from the hotel. I asked for one who could speak fairly good English and was assured they would. However, with the guide I received, although he was very helpful and willing to please, I found myself having great difficulty being understood when planning the tour and timings. This became quite frustrating by the end of a long day. Also the day cost was heavily overpriced compared to other tour drivers who I subsequently tried from an Internet search. So I felt a little cheated.

Other than that I had a lovely stay and would definitely stay here again when in Ubud.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank TurquoiseSunset
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We found the Ayung Resort to be very friendly, graciously receptive, and beautiful place to spend our time in Ubud. While its located about 10 km away from the center of Ubud, you could be happy spending much of your time at the resort. They did provide shuttle services to/from the airport and also several times to/from Ubud. A delightful place to enjoy the peace that Bali provides.

Breakfast was outstanding. Dinner was really good - a nice variety of dishes.

Walking the grounds is a must!

Room Tip: Sita villa was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

What to say or how to start. This is most likely the more beautiful hotel we ever stayed in. Lobby is beautiful and staff very kind and professional. The hotel/resort is in a tropical surrounding and so wonderful peaceful after the hectic roads and cities. Rooms are very spacious with big beds 2mx2m. Well equipped bathroom with all products and a bath as well as a shower. Espresso machine milk froter for cappuccino. Big terrace with table and chairs overlooking the tropical forest and swimming pool.

The word breakfast is misplaced here as it is a royal treatment. Several kinds of bread/muffins/cereal. Fresh coffee and juices and a special menu for eggs/pancakes and local food. Everything was delicious. The evening we had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was also of a very good quality. My papaya salad was superb and the main course fish was delicious. They have a huge wine card with champagne and wines from all over the world.

The hotel surroundings are very well maintained, not to mentioned the public parts of each building. The hotels is a museum on itself. If we had the money we would certainly contact the interior designer who decorated the building, very taste full and with a lot of class. Unfortunately that we live so far away otherwise I would return much more often to this hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple