“Amazing....”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Payangan
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing....”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

If you want a thoroughly relaxing break then this hotel is a must. Everything about this hotel is awesome. The rooms, the service, the views, the food. We had 3 days here at the start of a 12 day visit to Bali and how I wish we had longer! I would return without hesitation, there is nothing not to like about this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yarrawonga, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

From the minute we were met at the airport our Ayung experience was perfect. The driver greeted us warmly and drove safely the hour and a half to the resort. The resort is in an amazing location with spectacular views from the villas and the restaurant. The staff attended to any requests and were super friendly. We loved the yoga in the mornings and breakfast was the best I have had any where. The convenience of a courtesy vehicle into Ubud 3 times a day was great. But we only ventured into town briefly as we didn't want to leave the peace and tranquility of Ayung. We were sad to leave and will certainly return if ever we go to Bali again

Room Tip: We stayed in villa wibisana. It had a magnificent view and and was close to reception and the restau...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Ayung Resort is one of the most peaceful places I have stayed, an idyllic haven in a verdant tropical woodland. The owner's love of art extends to the river banks far below where he has commissioned exotic Hindu carvings into the base of the cliff on which the hotel is balanced. If you do the white water rafting tour, you'll know you are hundreds of feet below your room when you see them.

The resort clings to a cliff so there is a lot of steep walking or taking a golf buggy, so it is not ideal for toddlers and babies (especially since the swimming pools are large, deep and easily accessible). The location is so tranquil and the gardens so restful. The morning views up the valley to Mount Batur are awesome. Jungle, sky and volcano with the river far below.

The restaurant has several awards from the confrerie de la chaine des rotisseurs, the gastronomic society, and rightfully. The food was outstanding and the breakfast among was the best I have ever eaten. The wine selection is incredible and good value too.

The staff were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. The fitness centre has modern equipment and is spacious. There were morning yoga sessions. The spa gave a competent massage. Afternoon tea is a lovely touch. The room was large and well appointed. The art and decor are unique and memorable

All in all, if you want peace and calm, then Ayung Resort is the perfect place in Ubud.

Room Tip: Private villas are available - they are secluded and very private with their own lap pools
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My stay at Ayung Resort was not planned. It was a last minute pit stop and I wish that I had been able to spend more time there. The resort was beautiful, the owners collect art and showcase their art pieces throughout the entire resort. The restaurant had the most gorgeous view and the breakfast and dinner was by far the best meal I had while I was traveling throughout Thailand, Singapore and Bali. Last but not least the staff.. my friend and I teared up because of how beautiful and hard working the staff at Ayung are. They were more than accommodating for all our needs and wants. Small details such as "good night treats" being sent to the room before bed and knowing both my friend and I's name upon arrival are only a few details that made our stay magical.

I will be back.. for a much longer stay.

Complete paradise!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank skaszab
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed at the Ayung Resort Ubud and could not fault the resort at all. The location of the hotel was amazing and so peaceful. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was so relaxing.

The hotel and staff were lovely and helpful and the food was also incredible.

The views from the restaurant were unbelieveable - almost like a backdrop they were so perfect.

I would definitely recommend to friends and stay again. Love Bali!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RACHEL S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights including during Nyepi and have to say the service here from the staff was the most impeccable I have experienced both within South East Asia and within Bali, and I say that in comparison to stays at many comparatively rated hotels.

Nothing was too much trouble and the staff from reception were great and managed to accommodate changes to my schedule efficiently and with ease. I was even given a free upgrade.
The room was spacious, very comfortable with a pristinely clean and designed bathroom.

The breakfast was superb with a delicious array of beautifully presented, a la carte choices to suit all tastes. Dinner menus were varied too, ranging from both fine western and Indonesian dining to stone baked pizzas with a fantastic accompanying wine cellar selection to choose from. The cocktail list was extensive too and the few I tried were delicious. Complimentary afternoon tea was a delightful touch.

I used the fitness centre too and it had very up to date equipment.

If I had to make one criticism, I would suggest do not book a full or part day tour driver from the hotel. I asked for one who could speak fairly good English and was assured they would. However, with the guide I received, although he was very helpful and willing to please, I found myself having great difficulty being understood when planning the tour and timings. This became quite frustrating by the end of a long day. Also the day cost was heavily overpriced compared to other tour drivers who I subsequently tried from an Internet search. So I felt a little cheated.

Other than that I had a lovely stay and would definitely stay here again when in Ubud.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank TurquoiseSunset
Port Ludlow, Washington
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We found the Ayung Resort to be very friendly, graciously receptive, and beautiful place to spend our time in Ubud. While its located about 10 km away from the center of Ubud, you could be happy spending much of your time at the resort. They did provide shuttle services to/from the airport and also several times to/from Ubud. A delightful place to enjoy the peace that Bali provides.

Breakfast was outstanding. Dinner was really good - a nice variety of dishes.

Walking the grounds is a must!

Room Tip: Sita villa was lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payangan
Padma Resort Ubud
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#11 of 199 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews

Been to Ayung Resort Ubud? Share your experiences!