1,170 results
All reviews sita wing deer park the river golf buggy stone carvings afternoon tea mini bar breakfast and dinner a la carte free shuttle morning yoga private pool high tea minute drive beautiful surroundings amazing hotel our honeymoon
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The resort is out of Ubud at its's too far but once inside you can feel how magical the place is. I was there with 3 friends and unfortunately stayed only for 1 night for my friend's birthday, however it was a memorable one.Check in was a breeze. The whole resort is expansive like an art museum and beautifully manicured rainforest.The welcome food is delicious as well as the ala carte breakfast.The F&B team surprised my friend with a birthday cake and sparkling and the turn down service they gave as pieces of chocolates placed in our bed. Complimentary high tea and mini bar was such a delight. I couldn't find a major flaw in this hotel but i hope they increase the frequency of pick ups to and from the city center. But all in all such a wonderful stay and the hotel rate is more than its value.. Hope to return again in December.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Clifford I
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ayung Resort for 5 nights. We really loved the place and we will surely go back again..
The staff are very friendly , the serive was a real 5 STARS. I recommend visiting this place if you are looking for a place to relax but also to visit Ubud which is not far from the Resort.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The staff took note of our comment that we would like to swim as much as possible during our stay and placed us in a room that is close to the gorgeous swimming pool. The room was spacious, comfortable and sooo inviting! I love the little details: the bottle of insect repellant for you to use when dining at the restaurant in the evenings, the little truffles they place on your bed every evening when they turn down your bedsheets, the thoughtfully composed complimentary afternoon tea, the lovely snacks while waiting for your room to be ready, the list goes on. The people are lovely and the meals prepared by the chef, Made Lugra are just superb. You can tell they really go out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

1  Thank SzeSzeW
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My family (6 month pregnant wife, 1 year old daughter, and I) stayed at Ayung Resort in May 2014. We loved the place for many reasons. The grounds of the resort are spetacular. My favorite experience was walking down to the river and passing by the face sculptures in the canyon wall. The service was great and the food was excellent. The views of Ayung River are really special. I recommend visiting this place if you're looking for a relaxed, quiet experience in Bali.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I visited Ayung Resort a few weeks ago. As I do a lot of research, I googled "Blacks in Bali" and was shocked to read that several people said they faced racism. As my trip was paid for I contacted the hotel to let them know of my concerns. I was immediately contacted and reassured that they had never heard of this and asked that I forward these comments to them. I was impressed by the immediate response and reassurance they gave me.
All that said, when we arrived, we were told we were given an upgrade to a Villa! Wow. Unexpected and soooo nice. We experienced none of the problems in Bali that I read about and saw on Youtube. To the contrary, the Balinese were the friendly polite people that I've always heard about. Ayung is BEAUTIFUL, green, lush, quiet. It is quite spread out so they send a cart to get you to and from you room. It's a ways from town, so they provide a shuttle 3 times a day.
We were only going to stay 4 nights and then go to Seminyak for the beach. When we got to Seminyak we were crest-fallen - noise, partying, ruff surf, crowded streets. We left the next day and returned to the oasis of Ayung Resort.
When we checked back in the owner was there and I thanked him for the upgrade and told him how wrong the negative reviews of Bali and "Blacks" was. I do not understand what those people experienced as we had absolutely no problems. The owner is a delightful man who loves art and runs a wonderful establishment. We were not able to get a villa, which was fine as long as we were back "home". The room we got was great. Warm and bright.
My husband LOVED the food. Breakfast was included and we got room service most nights. Every effort was made to accommodate, waiters remembered your name and what you ordered.
I can't say enough good things about Ayung, all I can say if you want to relax in nature, beauty and comfort - go! Enjoy your day trips and then come home to serenity.
I thank all of the wonderful staff and the attentive owner. A special shout out to Made, who was a fount of information and a really nice guy!
I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. I stayed in a villa and in a room, everywhere is beautiful. There are some buildings closer to dinning at the hotel, but I liked being a bit away from it all, and as they send carts to pick you up, it really doesn't matter.
3  Thank Missy R