We went as part of our Bali trip Honeymoon and stayed for 4 nights in a paroramic view villa. We had a private pool which we used eveyday and the staff kindly turned the filters on earlier for us as we were up early every day and liked a morning swim!
When we arrived we had a little treat each and a lovely drink to welcome us.
The room was nice and the bed was comfy but there was a foul smell in the toilet. They were a little tired but OK.
There is wildlife as you are in the jungle! We had frogs in our pool every night and they were fascinating to watch them glide through the water. The views were amazing and i could sit for hours just taking them in. We went for breakfast at 7am most days and it was quite and peaceful and gorgeous to sit outside.
(i loved the breakfast rice pudding!)
The food here was incredible! I had one of the most fantastic dinners here I have ever eaten and my compliments to the chef. (It is pricey though, but worth it)
I liked riding in the funicular!
Its a fair way from Ubud town but we had no problems with the taxi's. Do barter on the price. Monkey forest was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan