This hotel is amazing. The views are STUNNING, whether it's from the main pool or your own private pool (we had deluxe panoramic which had view of the temple - awesome!). We saw monkeys swinging in the trees every morning! Could spend hours just sitting on the deck watching the view. Loved all the little touches, like flowers up the stairs, fruit in your room every day, little individual pots for your yoghurt/jam/butter at breakfast. The staff are friendly and efficient. From what others had said I was expecting the pools to be freezing - they were a little chilly but we didn't find them too cold - maybe in winter they would be? Our deck didn't get much sun (only early in the morning). The breakfast is exceptional - so much choice, and so fresh, the only problem is too much food too little time! Recommend the chilli ketchup with your eggs, and the chocolate and strawberry crepes (made to order!). Food in the restaurant was also good (yes pricey for Bali but same as Melbourne prices). Takes about half an hour to drive to Ubud but honestly who would complain when you get to come back to somewhere so beautiful. There are bugs (it's in the jungle), but having lived in the tropics I can say they are not bad at all. Yes this place is expensive, but spending a few days here is totally worth it. The only thing which would improve it would be a fitness centre!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan