Stayed December 2011 in a riverside delux pool villa. One of the best hotels ive stayed in. Staff incredibly friendly. Hotel very clean. Own pool in each villa. Huge spa in the villa and freash fruit daily. They also made up our room each morning while we were at breakfast. Some days we would sea monkeys in ther river. Only con is the riverside villas can get very cool at night and in the afternoon due to being in the shade. The pool is also very cool. Was very refreashing though at the end of a busy day exploring ubud. staying at the bottom we had to wait for the cable car each time to get to breakfast etc and on our return. the other option is to take 500 or so stairs. The river can be loud but we found this relaxing. ABout a 10-15 minute shuttle bus into town. Would recomend having an early dinner in ubud and getting the shuttle bus back. Last shuttle is around 6pm i think. The dinner is excellent at the hotel but quite expensive. The breakfast is free and is very nice sitting overlooking the valley. The resort pools are also amazing.
The cheaper villas are up the hill and may have a nicer view. All seemed to have pools and are all fairly private. Would definatly recommend this place to anoyone wanting to spend a few days in ubud. I did not want to leave. Organising white water rafting and elephant safari from ubud as it is really close. The drive from legian, kuta etc takes over an hour and half each way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan