Staying at the Hanging Gardens was an awesome experience and worth every penny. Its not easy for a resort to stand out in Bali, as the standards are really high when it comes to building and operating these developments (i.e. they know what they're doing). So considering the stiff competition in the market and relatively high prices at Hanging Gardens, its fair to say we had high expectations. Lets just say we were NOT disappointed.
The location is beautiful and the ambiance is serene. Although it isn't the smallest of resorts, the place never feels crowded. When I visited the spectacular infinity pool during the day, for example, I had the whole thing to myself. Hanging Gardens is not only a feast for the eyes, but for your other senses as well: think of the sounds of chirps birds and flowing water,the smell fresh, unpolluted air with the occasional whiff of flowers. As for taste and touch, we would highly recommend the spa and restaurant.
We had a river view pool villa which was located at the bottom the hillside. The room was very tastefully decorated and spacious as expected. Although you don't get sweeping views of the valley from here, we loved being so close to the river and jungle canopy: the sound of river below our plunge pool was so soothing, and we could spot plenty of colorfull birds flying between the trees. We also got a visit from a platoon of curious monkeys (they came close to our villa but they stayed in the trees, as these monkeys are rather timid compared to the tourist savvy ones in you find in Balinese temples).
The service is simply outstanding. The staff is very friendly and clearly well trained. Everyone seems to have a good command of English. Remember the song that goes "I just wanna go where everyone knows your name"? Well thats literally true here.
There really wasn't anything that we disliked about this resort, although there are some things to keep in mind . First, the nature is part of the attraction, so don't stay here if you are easily creeped out by the sight of insects, geckos, monkeys, etc. Its also pretty isolated, so if you are a bit of a busybody that needs to "do something" all the time, you probably would't like it here. For us city dwellers though, Hanging Gardens was the perfect getaway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo and Hotelopia so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan