My wife and I stayed in this hotel for four nights in August 2013. Ubud Hanging Gardens is beautifully situated on a hillside with the lobby being at the top and the rest of the hotel below the lobby level all the way down to the valley. Nonetheless, guests are not required to use stairs as the hotel has two lifts to carry guests.
We booked the Panoramic Deluxe Pool Villa but were upgraded to the Panoramic Pool Villa Suite courtesy of American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts. While the room was very nice by any standard, I wouldn't quite rank it up there with other premium brand hotels. I sensed that they lacked attention to detail when it came to interior design. Also, our suite was at the top of the resort, which also means that we were closer to all the noise that was just outside the resort's walls. This includes a rooster that woke up at 4am every morning made sure to wake everyone else up with it. Other than that, everything else was great and above expectation.
The staff were wonderful, friendly, and helpful.
The spa, in my opinion, was average at best. It is at the very bottom of the resort by the valley right next to the river, which made a wonderful sound effect. But that's where the positives end. The massage was below average. The room was cold, which left me shivering most of my session.
The resort didn't have a gym, which I found strange since they definitely have the space.
Internet is free but most of the time there was little or no service.
Notwithstanding the above, I still thought that the resort deserved an excellent rating. The natural setting alone is something to be seen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Prestigia so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan