The property is gorgeous. I arrived late at night so was completely surprised when I woke up in the morning and looked out my window to see my private pool and view of the lush green gardens. I was greeted by friendly staff after a very long journey. They even left me snacks and drinks, free of charge, in my room since the on-site restaurant was already closed. My room was gorgeous with a king sized bed, covered by a mosquito net that hung from the hut shaped roof, and made the bed look enchanting. There was a huge window that looked out onto my private pool and into the gardens. I also had a patio deck, gazebo, lounge chairs and an outdoor shower. The indoor bathroom was very spacious with a rain shower head and double sink.
The service is impeccable! Everyone was friendly to talk to and went out of their way to make sure my stay was perfect. The breakfast buffet is huge and delicious, with many local fruits and cuisines, and many standard breakfast items also. Breakfast was included in my room rate.
Aside from the private pool in my room, I had access to the main pool on the property, which was a two-level infinity pool, named one of the top 10 in the world by Elite Traveler. The property was well maintained and it was beautiful to just walk around the grounds and explore. For example, I walked down to the river one day and then up a stone-stepped path to a temple that overlooked the property. the hotel offers a free shuttle center to the center of Ubud, based on a schedule. They can also help connect you with a taxi service if you need to make other plans.
I loved every minute of my stay and was sad to leave!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hanging Gardens of Bali is a luxurious destination in the heart of the jungle. It is situated near Payangan, a village North of Ubud, whilst the hotel rests in the centre of the magical island of Gods. The enchanting five star luxury resort has 44 private suites and individual villas, each enhanced by its own granite infinity pool, rippling into the jungle below. Each villa is designed with traditional Alang Alang thatched roofs in complete harmony with nature. In 2014, TripAdvisor and Conde Nast Traveller named our Twin-Tiered Cascading Pool as the World's Best Pool and number one honeymoon destination in Bali by Conde Nast Traveller. In 2015 Hanging Gardens of Bali has been awarded: World Luxury Hotels Awards, Seven Star Global Luxury Awards and World Travel Awards as well as other prestigious recognitions, such as the World Luxury Spa Awards and the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. The renowned Garden Restaurant serves innovative Indonesian dishes with Asian flare and Mediterranean delicacies flavoured with the local herbs and spices grown on the land and freshly-caught fish from the Jimbaran Bay. The truly luxurious Spa Collection combines natural, local ingredients and ancient techniques to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energize the soul. Complimentary shuttles to Ubud center are scheduled daily for guests. The airport is around 90 minutes away by road depending on traffic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hanging Gardens of Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Of Bali Payangan